XFL

Watching DC vs Seattle. Not great football thus far. Good presentation, though. Maybe should have started the season a few weeks later. Not sure how many people are jonesing for football right now

Good crowd. They must have given away a bunch of tickets.

2nd half was way better. I dig hearing play calls and hearing refs discuss reviews. First half was ugly.

Cool concept but some refinement needed. Kind of feels like a college game/minor league game. There is something missing for it to be the ‘real deal’

Has potential but execution has to be better. Looked like a preseason NFL gm when the 4th stringers are in

I couldn't believe how many people were in the crowd.

Missed tackles and dropped balls was killer. Looking forward to the slate tomorrow.

I'll be going to Viper games.

I think this league will have more staying power for a number of reasons. First, better TV contracts with other companies that don't have NFL except for Fox. Second, the old XFL was primarily a built to be a live show event, not a TV-geared show. VMac wanted it to be more like wrasslin vs. a legit football league. Third, and it kind of ties with reason two, they made a lot of rules and new things to gear it towards TV entertainment. It will be entertaining, guarantee it.

Some of the new things not already listed by @Yukonwreck: every player has a radio in their head...where they can talk back to the coaches! TV producers will be able to tap into those feeds...live. Even further, I believe more than one coach will have the ability to talk to different positions or players.

Rule changes will make it more exciting.
I agree with this. I tuned into a game yesterday specifically because I was intrigued by the rules changes. Probably the only thing I think will hurt the league is a lack of star power at the QB position. Even an NFL game is tough to watch with duds at the QB positions (purely regional interest only).

I agree with this. I tuned into a game yesterday specifically because I was intrigued by the rules changes. Probably the only thing I think will hurt the league is a lack of star power at the QB position. Even an NFL game is tough to watch with duds at the QB positions (purely regional interest only).

I agree with that. Although I thought the Qbs did relatively well. It's the skilled guys that were dropping everything yesterday.

Cardale was fun to watch. Otherwise, yeah. Could use Tebow and Johnny Football. Or Kaep, but I doubt Vince McMahon is a fan. Lol

Cool concept but some refinement needed. Kind of feels like a college game/minor league game. There is something missing for it to be the ‘real deal’

I think Sunday was better representation of the league. If this league is going to last. QBs cannot consistently overthrow WRs on 5 yd outs

Back