Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Peery in the portal either

The rot runs deep

Nah, outside of Gibbs, which was a disappointment, all others make complete sense. Just about every school has kids entering the portal. I’m already getting hyped for the off season. I’m not ready just yet to throw in the towel on this coaching staff. Let’s just see who we bring in as new coaches. I think we all might be a bit surprised in a positive way. Better days are coming soon and these transfers just help the young talent get more PT.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
It doesn’t bother me so bad knowing he’s getting his degree first. He was destined to be 2nd string. Had a lot of heart and was a gamer. Good luck to him.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Tech degree with three years to play? NFL is unlikely, so depending on his interests, he could probably be a backup at Cal or Stanford. He could start at Rice. Vanderbilt could be an option. Shoot, he could land at Wake or Duke.

Those are all academic options, as for me, I would be go to FIU or USF. Spend three years laying in the cut and wrecking big butts.

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
It doesn’t bother me so bad knowing he’s getting his degree first. He was destined to be 2nd string. Had a lot of heart and was a gamer. Good luck to him.
Yep can't be upset with this, he's getting a free masters degree after a solid undergrad. Hopefully he speaks highly of us for future recruits who may not have NFL aspirations but want to play college ball.

Beej1953

Helluva Engineer
I think Yates was always going. Made too much sense for him to. I dunno about Sims
Not sure Yates could find another starting job in a P5 conference. Maybe a James Madison kind of thing like Vad Lee?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Not sure Yates could find another starting job in a P5 conference. Maybe a James Madison kind of thing like Vad Lee?
I think Group of 5. That's where his offers were out of high school and he put up some decent film/stats here.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The ND and UGA disasters weren’t Yates’ fault. He was trying his best.

Good luck to the kid. Hope he finds a good landing spot like Lucas Johnson did.
How do you figure?

He was the starting QB.

Isn't that part of the deal with being the starter?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Tech degree with three years to play? NFL is unlikely, so depending on his interests, he could probably be a backup at Cal or Stanford. He could start at Rice. Vanderbilt could be an option. Shoot, he could land at Wake or Duke.

Those are all academic options, as for me, I would be go to FIU or USF. Spend three years laying in the cut and wrecking big butts.
I love your optimism.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
Captain Obvious says that Yates would have looked much better behind a better O-line. He only had a few seconds before pass pro broke down. Can't fault him for that.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
He's graduating, so this makes sense. I wish him well. But SMH that one can be a graduate transfer and still have three years of eligibility left. Yes, I know . . . COVID. Still.

gnats67

Dodd-Like
Southern (Clay Helton) or Kennesaw would be my guess. We'll see. Best of luck to Jordie.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Good for him. While I think he’s a lot better than he looked in our garbage offense this season, I don’t think he’s a P5 QB. He got the most important thing he could get from GT (his degree), now hopefully he can go live out his dream somewhere else and play football.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Good luck young man. I wish you the best.

Good reason to sign 25 every year /and /or snag a few in the portal. But always have 85+ in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.