Yesterday VS 2 years ago

89Tex

Varsity Lurker
Two years ago I drove up to Durham for the GT game. Last minute decision. The day before the game I went on Seat Geek and bought 6 tickets on the 10th row, 40 yard line behind the GT bench. Paid $18 total including the service fee. That, in a microcosm, is who we were playing then and yesterday. The stadium was 30% full.

I saw pretty much the same game yesterday that I saw that day. We were out matched physically, especially along the LOS. Cutcliff is a good X and O coach. The combination was not pretty to watch.

The two biggest differences between that day and yesterday:

1. When I left the game 2 years ago I didn’t have much hope that things were going to get better in the future.

2. Two years ago I got to watch, up close and personal, CPJ interacting with Duke fans in a most unpleasant way while the game was still going on.

Time will tell if we will get better. But I think we have a staff here that has the energy to try and recruit and coach. And I think T Stan saw this coming- hence the 7 year contract.

Feels like the start of the Curry and Ross regimes. Again, time will tell.

How did he interact with Duke fans? I know for a fact that the Johnsons despise all the North Carolina teams because they passed on CPJ.

Good post btw

The fans were jeering as fans do. Most coaches are thick-skinned enough not to respond. Or at least care enough about the game to pay more attention to what’s going on on the field.

It’s weird that you remember a game in which we were tied at the half and playing really well to almost go up 3 TD’s before a Taquon pick the same as one where we lost the first half essentially 38-7

I’ll grant you the second half of that game was miserable.

Two years ago I drove up to Durham for the GT game. Last minute decision. The day before the game I went on Seat Geek and bought 6 tickets on the 10th row, 40 yard line behind the GT bench. Paid $18 total including the service fee. That, in a microcosm, is who we were playing then and yesterday. The stadium was 30% full.

I saw pretty much the same game yesterday that I saw that day. We were out matched physically, especially along the LOS. Cutcliff is a good X and O coach. The combination was not pretty to watch.

The two biggest differences between that day and yesterday:

1. When I left the game 2 years ago I didn’t have much hope that things were going to get better in the future.

2. Two years ago I got to watch, up close and personal, CPJ interacting with Duke fans in a most unpleasant way while the game was still going on.

Time will tell if we will get better. But I think we have a staff here that has the energy to try and recruit and coach. And I think T Stan saw this coming- hence the 7 year contract.

Feels like the start of the Curry and Ross regimes. Again, time will tell.

and then you told CPJ to let it go and act like a coach and everyone around you clapped

and then you found five dollars

It’s weird that you remember a game in which we were tied at the half and playing really well to almost go up 3 TD’s before a Taquon pick the same as one where we lost the first half essentially 38-7

I’ll grant you the second half of that game was miserable.
That's what I was thinking as well. And as far as hope, we had just beaten a ranked team the week before the 2017 Duke debacle. Not sure what superior accomplishment we've had this season.

I do still have hope for this team, but I had hope for that team as well. I had seen us lose to Duke before and still win 11 games. That feels like a distant memory now.

Back