You have to call them as they are....

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
and IMO we are NOT where we need to be in 2 important areas.
I hate to be negative but;

1. Our O-line has to grow some nuts. I would have thought that after the VT game they would come out with fire in their eyes and that has not happened tonight at least in the first half. They are getting man-handled and I am not so sure it is worse than against VT. It looks as if they have no clue as to what is happening. They look lethargic and poorly prepared.

2. I am firmly convinced that RB can not lead us where we need to go with this team. At the half he is 6 for 25. I do not care how bad you are that is piss poor. If you watch him throw the ball, 90% of the time he is throwing off of his back foot. You can not and will not complete many balls throwing off your back foot. Granted there have been some drops, but majority of his balls are off target or high. This is a result of the throwing motion. He does not look to have composure as well. I have seen him jaw more tonight than he has all year thus far. Leave that BS*** at home and play ball. Even when he comes to the sidelines he will not let the coaches talk to him. If he thinks he is that good, then he needs to sit his a** on the pine.

Damn i hate we are getting our ass kicked by a lesser opponent. Piss poor is the only way I can describe it up to this point. There is always a chance it will turn around in the second half. Let's hope so.

Pretty Much Agree On All Points, But....

I do think part of Reggie's problem is poor protection by the OL. The only good looking pass play is the two step drop look in. But your other points about Reggie I totally agree with. You can't storm off the field wining and carrying on and expect to rally the troops around you. I really feel sorry for the "D", they are playing with great intensity whereas our OL slops around. I can't believe that one replay on 3rd and 2 and the NCST DL knocked one of our OL backward into the backfield and on his butt.

Well well well.......we run 91 offensive plays and come away with a meager ass 14 points....should NEVER happen.

I\'m sure people will blame the kicker...

...but you're right RM. We can't run the ball and that cost us this game. The first half was so bad that we couldn't come back from it.

Re: I\'m sure people will blame the kicker...

We lost because we couldn't come back from a bad first half????? - We were one play away from closing out NCS with about 5 minutes left to go up 21-10 - Three plays later we were down 17-14. We lost because we couldn't score from the red zone when we needed to - All comes down to play calling!

We were also one play from closing them out on a good two minute drive. can't fault the play calling on that one. I'm willing to bet we would all want the ball in CJ's hands to win a game.

no, because to get it to CJ it has to come from RB's hands. Give it to PJ.

Thirty seconds and no timeouts. We could get one running play off. That's with NC State defenders taking their time removing themselves from the ball carrier. one running play , then the field goal.

I still like the call. He just didn't catch it. Followed by a bad bounce.

Well, there could've also been a chance the replay crew would have stop the play on a close run to see if the plane was broken or not. That could have stop the clock too.

HOLY COW, DID YOU JUST SAY

"the first half was so bad we could not come back from it"?

(Not that you are wrong), but what you are saying is we could not come back from the adversity of a 10 point (TEN POINT) deficit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif

RM2,
I, as I am sure you too, hate like the devil to be negative when it comes to GT football. However I agree with your post, but I am going a step further with it.
I hope what I have to say isn't too negative or offensive to any reader.
1) I am not seeing any improvement in our areas of need. At times I wonder what they do on the practice field. I would have thought by now our timing would be pretty good or very close on passing plays. Didn't see it happening tonight though.
2) Almost all areas of our game had bright spots to cheer about, but they were not close together enough.
3) I realize that Jon Tenuta is supposed to be the best thing to hit GT since sliced bread, but in all honesty, the defense is not impressing me a lot.
4) After taking a hiney humping like we did at VT, I would have thought our intensity level would have been at an all time high for NC St. Didn't happen, it aint there, and now I'm beginning to wonder if it is ever going to be there.
5) There is no way to explain how a team like NC St can suffer all of the penalties that the did against us, and still win.
6) I have been an avid optimist for Ga Tech, as well as a supporter for Gailey's cause as much as anyone, but at this point, I as well as a many other loyal fans need some encouragement. That aint happening either.
7) I hate losing a game about as much as anyone here. However, I wouldn't mind dropping a game if I thought we had left all we had on the field. I didn't see that happen either. I suppose this area bothers me as much as anything too.
Calvin Johnson may be feeling like he lost this game for GT (He didn't though). The field goal kicker may feel like he lost the game, (He didn't though). The offensive line may feel like they lost it. I did see a lot of mouthing at the huddle which I assume was aimed at the linemen. I'm not blaming the OL either. I just think the whole team needed to step up to a higher level of play than they are showing.
8) If this falls in CCG's lap, so be it. Am I calling for his head? NO WAY. But I do expect to immediately see him field a better prepared team than what he is fielding presently.
9) The officiating was not the best I have witnessed to date but I guess that is only to be expected.
Bottom line:
We lost and I think we deserved to lose. Not because we weren't the best team, just because we didn't play to our potential. On top of that, any other game that we play subpar ball, we'll deserve to lose it too.

I don't think I have never been as disappointed in GT football as i am right now. MofFII and i talked last night and boys i am hurting.

A close friend up here at the bar asked me why I was so upset and why would I care so much and for the first time it made me think.

I'm taking a step back because this one really hurts.

Fridge...

...do you recall that 3 and short play where our right tackle just got deposited on his backside by the DE. A senior getting blown up like that? In your opinion, does it seem at this point that we simply don't have the talent at the OL or is this coaching or both?

Re: Fridge...

Honestly I don't think we have neither. I'm sorry i'm not politcally sensitive but i was embarassed by their performance last night.

It's like my brother says, get some balls and play football and yes i can say it because i played and i know what it takes and they (coaches and players) aren't getting it done.

Re: Fridge...

John Davis is like E F Hutton, when he speaks
you listen, at I least I do. I beelieve that John
and his brother would both agree that this team
lacks character. I am not blaming our SA's 'cause
I honestly beelieve that the character issue this
team has lies withour HC and his assistants not
getting our team ready to play.

Getting beat by a superior opponent is one thing
but getting beat by a classless bunch of clowns
that are coached by an idiot himself, is
unacceptable.

OGB

Hey JD,
That just ain't so!!! I can't see what caring would have to do with stepping back. Just because you hurt when you see something or someone you care about being hurt or run over is not "stepping back." It would have to be agonizing for someone, especially in your shoes, to see what has happened and not feel a hurt for them. Matter of fact, I wish there were more folks that still cared about things that were important, and this is important.
For what it's worth, I haven't jumped on the "can chan" bandwagon, not yet anyway. But, I sure would like seeing some better prepared teams hitting the field.
There were some high points in this game though. Penalties against us were held down, time of possession was higher than their's, (argument both directions for this), we did make a couple of nice sacks. I thought PJ left all he had on the field. The freshman reciever (can't call his name right off) did a nice job. RB had moments of greatness, etc.
Would'a could'a should'a had a win, but we didn't and it'll just go down in the books as a "L".

Yep

I took a step back as well. Before the UConn game I asked to be banned from The Hive. Just got tired of all the idiots on that board. They are scared to death of UConn but are positive we'll beat VT. LMAO.

Just gonna take it easy, let Chan get himself fired, and see who our next coach is.

Have fun guys and remember... these are just kids playing a game.

James Johnson is the freshman WR and he played one heck of a game as did Anoai and the rest of the Dline

Back