you know what is really scarry

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
the majority of players making plays for us were here before gailey came on the scene, think about it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know what is scarier? That I wasted my time reading this post.

Did you ever stop to think that MAYBE that's because on ANY college football team the guys getting the playing time have been in school more than 2 years?

What in the hell are you talking about?

Do you chan haters...Have anything else to do. Man i come on here just to see some TALK ABOUT VANDY OUR NEXT GAME, REMEMBER#$#@%!#%
mad.gif

Man you guys need to just take some mydol!
GO JACKETS BEAT VANDY

we just came off our worse loss to Clemson since 1903 and are 1-3 so far this year. You'll have to excuse those of us who are a little concerned about the direction of our program and choose to talk about that. It is a little challenging to get fired up about the next game under those circumstances...especially when the next opponent is a very weak team like Vandy.

the majority of players making plays for us were here before gailey came on the scene, think about it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ofcourse after all they are the upperclassmen and should be making the plays. The facts are if we had the tallent level out of the ones we have left that we should have we would not have to be playing any of the 15 0r s0 freshman we are having to play at this time.Look at some of the teams some of you said we were equal to in tallent when Gailey came and you won't find any freshmen or very few on their three deap yet we are having to start and play a large number. Some will say flunk gate and injuries is why. All I'm saying is if the group we had left were as good as has been said we would still not have to play all these freshman.

okay i will respond, uga has a whole new offensive line are they performing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are we UGA?

We usually have one or two freshman on each side of the ball that contribute and one that makes a splash. I would say that Wrotto and Ball are making significant contributions and Ball is making a splash. In general, I like the non-OL recruits that Gailey has brought in. I particularly like the three LBs we brought in last year (Hall, Moore, and Wheeler) and Adam Oliver. I think Gailey does a very good job of evaluating talent in general, but we need to bring in more bodies. We need to use all of our visits and scholarships and not shy away from competing with major programs for recruits.

Okay as a famous politician used to say."There ya go again"
pat.gif

GeePee.
You know nothing about me. You and all you chan haters seem to think you are the ONLY ones who care about Tech and that is total
bsmeter.gif

I was depressed that 1st half. Almost got into a fight w/ this moronic tiger fan next to me. By the way. To any season ticket holders in 111. If you sell your tix to ugag fans. You better hope I don't find you.
mad.gif

I get so sick and tired of your mydol type b------
on this venue. Show some balls. Go say this to Gailey. He's got an internet site Ya know? Go meet w/ Braineless who i can't stand by the way but i write my displeasure have you and no internet boards DONT COUNT!
I had a lot of probs w/ last sat night. I'm going to Vandy this weekend and we'll continue to watch how the players react and yes to me another ugag performance in nov. will be unacceptable but come on. Talk about football. Say one freakin thing you love about Tech or is every post i read from you guys going to be a mydol fest.
Remember it's Vandy!
GO JACKETS!
rant.gif

Originally posted by JTS:
We usually have one or two freshman on each side of the ball that contribute and one that makes a splash. I would say that Wrotto and Ball are making significant contributions and Ball is making a splash. In general, I like the non-OL recruits that Gailey has brought in. I particularly like the three LBs we brought in last year (Hall, Moore, and Wheeler) and Adam Oliver. I think Gailey does a very good job of evaluating talent in general, but we need to bring in more bodies. We need to use all of our visits and scholarships and not shy away from competing with major programs for recruits.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Good post Techaster. Yes I have written Braine. Yes I got a canned response.

Does that make me feel better? No.

I think everyone on this board has concerns. Some folks have more patience than others.

My tickets are going to a Tech fan. He already had two season tickets and wanted more. So they are his.

Unless you inherit a team that is bone dry on talent, the vast majority of your players should be upperclassman.

I think you should generally expect little from a coach's first recruiting class. He comes in at the last second to jump into a process that is a year or two long endeavor.

Gailey is using few players who were recruited by him (most of the new names are redshirt sophmores). That may or may not say something about the young guys. We'll find out next year and the year after. The recruiting analysts were not high on them by and large. But we'll see if Chan is a guy that spots diamonds in the rough. (I am little young to remember, but my impression is that Ross has did not have the highest rated classes.)

Oddly enough, the two heralded recruits from Gailey's classes are not playing much (K. Scott and Grant). It is tough to play a freshman at corner so Scott's limited action is understandable. I'm not sure what the story of Grant is. Rumors of a nagging injury are posted sporadically on the board.

Back