You thought Dede was bad...

Of course you don't HAVE to make anyone your "friend" on facebook and you can get rid of them at any time.

Of course you don't HAVE to make anyone your "friend" on facebook and you can get rid of them at any time.

Can people still message you if you are not friends with them? Boy am I glad I'm not involved with facebook!

I think we may have another Dede on our hands. Anybody on here Chris Mashburn? If you read this you are one creepy mother ****er

You do have that WrecksNEffect character who was twittering Vad Lee incessantly (telling him not to come to Tech, etc, etc). Vad basically told him to leave him the hell alone. But in a nice way.

Can people still message you if you are not friends with them? Boy am I glad I'm not involved with facebook!

They can, but there are settings you can change to alter that.

However, because Facebook is the biggest invasion of privacy ever (seriously, read their EULA sometime) they change the privacy settings back to open every time they change the EULA (which is about twice a month).

unless you are a star, that's not usually much of a problem.

I am not worried about being harrassed or mass messaged. I am worried about employers or people I dont want to be associated with finding out personal details of my life.

I am not worried about being harrassed or mass messaged. I am worried about employers or people I dont want to be associated with finding out personal details of my life.

WTF do you think goes on on facebook? You don't have to give your whole life story and every sin ever committed just to sign up.

WTF do you think goes on on facebook? You don't have to give your whole life story and every sin ever committed just to sign up.

Some people I'd rather not know where I live or what I look like now (crazy ex girlfriends for example). Sometimes any information can be used against you.

Working for the government and wanting to move up the ladder also makes me paranoid. It would take only one jackass friend tagging me in some picture doing something stupid in college and I could be ****ed.

EDIT: For the record I was on facebook for several years. I deleted everything and deactivated my profile after I graduated from college, started looking for jobs, and nut job girlfriends now single and stranded with a bastard kid (not proven to be mine) started messaging me. I dealt with the the friend tag, you untag and tell them to cut it out game.

You all should also know I have not been able to actually delete all presence off their servers. If I enter my old username and password in it comes up with this awesome welcome back message. This is all despite three emails telling them to delete all record of me off their servers. They really lock you in.

Some people I'd rather not know where I live or what I look like now (crazy ex girlfriends for example). Sometimes any information can be used against you.

Working for the government and wanting to move up the ladder also makes me paranoid. It would take only one jackass friend tagging me in some picture doing something stupid in college and I could be ****ed.

You don't have to enter any of that. you don't even have to put a picture of yourself on it. You can be as open of a book or closed of a book, as you want to.

I know people with NASA security clearance on facebook swiging beer. Guess what? They still have jobs.

I mean, I understand if you were snorting cocaine off of a strippers tits while letting some dude dressed up as a Texas longhorn **** you in the ass, but I just don't think you are that wild and crazy. I also don't think people are stupid enough to post photos of others in compromising positions. At least I haven't seen it yet.

You don't have to enter any of that. you don't even have to put a picture of yourself on it. You can be as open of a book or closed of a book, as you want to.

I know people with NASA security clearance on facebook swiging beer. Guess what? They still have jobs.

I mean, I understand if you were snorting cocaine off of a strippers tits while letting some dude dressed up as a Texas longhorn **** you in the ass, but I just don't think you are that wild and crazy. I also don't think people are stupid enough to post photos of others in compromising positions. At least I haven't seen it yet.

That is true. I am not saying all gov't positions are like that. The people at NASA may have bosses that are a lot more mellow and cool than I have. But most of my upper management bosses are female and would probably be very sensitive to anything "guy related." Most of the people I work with are social misfits that sat at home every night. When they did venture to school they were probably shoved into lockers several times a day.

I am not that wild and crazy, but I did do some stuff that would be considered less than appropriate once upon a time. I know for a fact that they check facebook profiles and it is just better to be safe than sorry.

Do what you will, by all means enjoy your facebook. My point is that it can really start to work against you fast, especially if you are someone in a position of power or a highly sought after recruit. At that point it really makes no sense to keep an updated profile.

Edit for bold: You of all people should know how stupid others can be. I have friends that just dont get it and still live like they are 21. That is what makes them fun to hang out with, but I want them as far away from my professional life as possible.

I've heard of teachers who've been fired for having "inappropriate" photos posted on facebook. If you don't have enough common sense to keep that stuff private, you deserve what you get.

HA HA! You boys need to get off the pipe every now and again. You actually think CPJ and staff give one **** about Dede and ST's posts?

You're that stupid? Or you're just that simple.

When we fire Hewitt. DRAD will organize a search committee that includes "The Best of the Web."? HA HA you guys are DICKS!

HA HA! You boys need to get off the pipe every now and again. You actually think CPJ and staff give one **** about Dede and ST's posts?

You're that stupid? Or you're just that simple.

When we fire Hewitt. DRAD will organize a search committee that includes "The Best of the Web."? HA HA you guys are DICKS!

Well I am pretty confident that they care about Dede as we have good info that she has been addressed with the players. Interweb message boards maybe not so much....but either way you came across as the dick with that post. Where in this thread has anyone alluded to the coaches giving a **** what goes on in stingtalk? The thread was about crazy fans stalking recruits on facebook with a tangent about why facebook can be a dangerous thing.

:ughjerkit:

Back