Youngest Teams in the Country

Idk that the impact is that great. It happened once last year, and once this year to high impact players that we won’t have for 1 season. We’re also able to backfill our roster with more experienced talent when needed. I’m the old days we’d be playing linebacker next year that have never seen the field; instead we have two grown men coming in at LB and should be fine there.

True, I hasn’t happened much of late, possibly due to our lack of desirable players to the schools that can can cheery pick talent, but as the occasional high quality player has emerged, particularly since the transfer door has opened, our good players have bolted at the first opportunity.
There just seems to be several tiers of teams at the moment, and the weaker ones are getting plundered when good talent emerges….
Have a good recent example of a top kid at lower tier school that has turned down the chance to significantly upgrade?

I know when Osborn was at Nebraska, they had a huge walk on program. At least 30-40 walk-ons or more. I'm sure many of them never made any official roster but served as cannon fodder during practice.

True, I hasn’t happened much of late, possibly due to our lack of desirable players to the schools that can can cheery pick talent, but as the occasional high quality player has emerged, particularly since the transfer door has opened, our good players have bolted at the first opportunity.
There just seems to be several tiers of teams at the moment, and the weaker ones are getting plundered when good talent emerges….
Have a good recent example of a top kid at lower tier school that has turned down the chance to significantly upgrade?
Miles Brooks, Clayton Powell Lee, D’Quon Douse this year. Charlie Thomas, Zamari Walton last year could have gone elsewhere.

Champ,
I suppose it’s possible that they would have turned down an Alabama, Southern Cal, LSU, or Georgia, but I never heard they had anything along that line as an alternative option…. I suppose someone that is close to finishing their degree might fall in that category…. In general though, the haves and have nots are playing a different game in regard to roster management.

Back