Your 2003 tailback depth chart?

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Barring another season where guys start dropping like flies, the battle for the starting job should be a good one. If Tony can come back near 100%, we are in great shape. Ace can come in and be a good change-up RB. Then there is always my boy Jimmy Dixon. The kid had TWO touches last year (1 catch vs Duke and Vandy). The fact that he wasn't given a chance late in the season disturbs me...especially the way he looked when I saw him in the '01 Spring game.

This is the way I see our backfield right now...
RB:
1. Hollings
2. Ace
3. PJ Daniels
4. Michael Sampson
?. Dixon and Jermaine Hatch

FB:
1. Jonathan Jackson (Has anyone heard how his rehab is going?)
2. Dixon

Does anyone think a freshman (Eddie Lee Jr. perhaps) will get in the backfield mix this year?

Hard to believe this is such an unsettled position, especially considering the importance here.
RB
1) Hollings-unmatched & unquestioned. Should be 100%. Best back @ GT since the 70s.
2) Grant-will be 1st off the bench. Should be able to spell Tony quite a bit.
3) Daniels-decent back, but no speed (norm @ GT).
4) Ivery-has a little shiftiness, has a little speed. 3rd down back type (Clinkscale early on).
5) Hatch-ain't the same, but if he returns with confidence, could move to #3.
6) Sampson-will almost definitely rs.

FB
1) Dixon-getting better. FB is best position for him. Needs more quick hitters & passes.
2) Eziemefe-may supplant Dixon before yr is done.
3) Jackson-if 100% will move to #1. May take beyond 1st game, tho.

Ivery was moved to DB before spring practice started last year and he blew out his knee. Haven't heard anything different like him moving to RB.

GTT- I believe Ivery is better suited for tailback & also believe he has been moved back there. He may not be ready for Spring so we may have to wait until Aug to know for sure where the staff will place him.

Back