Your 2nd Biggest Rival

I'm curious.

The people that say Virginia Tech, have you been to Blacksburg for a game before? It seems so weird to hate them and I've never been there and have had generally good experiences when they come to town. (The two or three of them that do)

So if you said VT, have you been there before?

I'm curious.

The people that say Virginia Tech, have you been to Blacksburg for a game before? It seems so weird to hate them and I've never been there and have had generally good experiences when they come to town. (The two or three of them that do)

I've been to Virginia, and around their fans.

They're the biggest rednecks you'll ever meet. I don't dislike them becuase of their fans tho, I just like beating them because of their (usually) high ranking.

The infinite wisdom of the ACC put our two best rivals IN THE OTHER DIVISION!!!! FSU and Clemson, VPI means nothing to us. Historically Duke is our third rival and then probably Miami, UVA, UNC, VPI.

I'm curious.

I'm going to ignore non-alumni VT fans (although I've had some negative experiences with them). With alumni, I think it has to do with when they graduated. All the folks I work with who went to VT before Beamer are pretty cool and humble about their success. All the folks who went to VT since are typically a bunch of jerks about how good they have been in the last 10-12 years (ignoring the rest of their team's history).

I'm curious.

I have been to 2 or 3 games there. I like the students and some of the fans but I really just hate them and their gay ass gobble they do every 10 seconds over the loud speaker. Plus we had a really big rivalry with them for a couple years in lacrosse that culminated in some fights and stuff. So that probably carries over.

I have been to 2 or 3 games there. I like the students and some of the fans but I really just hate them and their gay ass gobble they do every 10 seconds over the loud speaker. Plus we had a really big rivalry with them for a couple years in lacrosse that culminated in some fights and stuff. So that probably carries over.
Every year they come down, one of their fans is dumb enough to try and make fun of our mascot being a "bumblebee" and someone in the area happens to know that theirs is a castrated turkey and the back and forth goes the entire game.

I didnt get to Play Auburn and all those other SEC rivals of yesteryear but I played some top 5 F$U teams and we always wanted to beat them almost as bad as georgia...

That's because we were winning vs UGA at the time.

Re: 2nd Biggest Rival

probably Clemson. We've played them for many years and had some great games. Personally, I've had three cousins and all their kids go to Clemson so it is a good family rivalry game.

And let me say this, some of you are absolutely pathetic that you would hate someone just because they went to a certain school. And some of the comments you make about the other programs are just ignorant. The comments tell a lot more about you than they do about those other schools.

I guess whoever we're playing on a given week is the second biggest rival. Honestly though, I look at it like this. We play 11 prepreason games until we get to the one that matters.

Me too, as it is the only game that matters since Georgia determines what bowl we play in and whether or not we make it to the SEC championship game. :rolleyes:

Obviously that is tongue in cheek. A 0-11 season would not be cured by beating Georgia. I say let's win the Coastal and see what happens from there.

I know my wife hates Va Tech. We were at the apocalyptic thunderstorm game. After we survived the stampede from the end zone seats to get under shelter on the press box side, we were standing in cramped quarters with the most obnoxious drunks imaginable. I don't really know how Hokie fans are at a normal game, but her first experience was so bad she swears she'll never go back to Blacksburg.

Back