Your cable provider?

eg1

Dodd-Like
Mine (Cogeco in southern Ontario) just added the Big 10 Network.

ACC? Not so much ... :mad:

I'm a Comcastite. I don't really have a lot of good things to say about Comcast but 100mbps is a zoomma zoom zoom! So is it really nice in Canada or what?

canada-1.jpg

That reason right there is why I want to live somewhere where you have a 99.99% chance of never seeing snow.

It's not snow. The trees and vehicles are crying because of how cold it is (and because they can't get GT football on TV), and their tears froze.

Uh, I guess I was relating this to the "are we going to the Big X or the SEC or whatever" conference talk. I get the occasional game on the Cogeco "super-sports pak", but it is hit or miss.

Why am I in Canada? Born here.

By the way, if you look on the map, southern Ontario is south of much of the US midwest and some of the US northeast.

Uh, I guess I was relating this to the "are we going to the Big X or the SEC or whatever" conference talk. I get the occasional game on the Cogeco "super-sports pak", but it is hit or miss.

Why am I in Canada? Born here.

By the way, if you look on the map, southern Ontario is south of much of the US midwest and some of the US northeast.

OK then:
canada-1.jpg

The problem with the Big 10 network though is that it's only one channel, unlike ESPN, so they can really only show a small portion of the Big 10 games each saturday. Some are picked up by ESPN, but seems like some are still gonna get small local distribution.

Big Ten Network is run and operated by FOX Sports (i think).....they give their feeds out like candy....I did work for ASN.tv which carried dozens of Big Ten basketball and football to Asia...the Big Ten network is great if you want to watch Purdue play Minnesota but if you wanna see the big boy games you'll have to catch them on replay because they won't air on that network.....The "original programming" is average to sub-par...too many shows about dive team or lax.....90% of airtime can put you to sleep.

We be Comcastrated here in Rome. When GT is playing, comcastrate-us usually televises the bigger and more important games such as Central Iowa playing against Greenville A&M. Sometimes, when GT & uga both are in need to win games, comcastrate-you will show neither one. Fuman and the Citadel will be a headliner for sure tho.

OK then:

The problem with the Big 10 network though is that it's only one channel, unlike ESPN, so they can really only show a small portion of the Big 10 games each saturday. Some are picked up by ESPN, but seems like some are still gonna get small local distribution.

...Not on Uverse, it isn't. I got all the alternate feeds on a set of channels, including alternate HD feeds. They usually don't broadcast the games that are already broadcast on other networks or channels.

I also get all the Fox Sports channels, but they usually blackout games other than the local Fox channel offering.

...Not on Uverse, it isn't. I got all the alternate feeds on a set of channels, including alternate HD feeds. They usually don't broadcast the games that are already broadcast on other networks or channels.

I also get all the Fox Sports channels, but they usually blackout games other than the local Fox channel offering.

Ahh, I stand corrected. I have DirectTV and they're usually good about having the alternate feeds for channels but they don't have any for the BTN.

I get COX up here in DC and I can't remember the last time I couldn't find the Tech game on TV. Every other year, I might have to fork over the PPV fee but can usually find it on a regular, non-premium channel.

The local affiliates up here have their entire upper torso up the big10's butt and would show 0-12 Northwestern vs 0-12 Minnesota over a no-holds barred, referees-tied-to-a-chair, grudge match pitting a 12-0 VT against a 12-0 GT. But one of the local independents will step up and show the Tech game.

I got dish network and have never missed any legit tech game. So car St and mid tn St will be iffy, but the other games I'll def get

Back