Your Daily Dosage of Self-Esteem

I'm seriously thinking about submitting a resume to write for ESPN so that I can single-handedly rescue the site.

Submit two.

Oh wow that's a bad article.

Lets see how many grammatical, statistical, and factual errors we can count. She seriously thinks ND is on our schedule this year?

You guys don't think espn.com is good? I've always found the majority of their articles to be well written and insightful, except for Scoop Jackson, and that's mainly because he's trying to play up his schtick as a black culture guy(Ron Artest would be proud). This one was posted in a blog, so it's not nearly as formal as a real article, but I didn't see anything that bad in there...certainly nothing "unbelievably terrible."

EDIT: Okay, the ND thing is bad.

Did you see this:
* Paul Johnson will call more passing plays than he did at Navy.

But ... Georgia Tech will fumble the ball better than anyone and practices quickly close to the

public.

Nice line break.

Did you see this:

Nice line break.

Haha. Come on, that's a result of reading a blog...the whole system is designed to allow quick posting that doesn't require the involvement of a bunch of editors and webpage designers. It's not supposed to be polished or anything. She has no idea where the line breaks are going to occur. I understand that as a major website ESPN does have standards to live up to regardless of what format their content is published in, and the Notre Dame thing definitely is bad, but if you are going to complain about a couple of typos or a misplaced line break, you shouldn't be reading blogs. Stick to the officially published articles that go through editors and the webpage designers and you will be happier. Nowadays blogs are the popular thing to do...they allow more personalized articles covering a wider variety of topics, but with that comes typos and grammar errors because there just aren't enough resources to use the same type of QA on blogs as normal articles.

I think I might spend the time to spellcheck a blog, if I were writing one.

Yeah, because Miami beating Georgia Tech is going to make the ACC look better vs out of conference opponents... ...somehow...

I actually read that, and assumed that she meant that Miami needed to handle their OOC schedule, which included Georgia Tech. Maybe she spent too much time on the board here when people were randomly musing about a return to the SEC and forgot where Tech played.

Either way, it's a horrid blog and it's about as insightful as Stevie Wonder's description of a sunset.

Nonetheless she is right. While we dont play Notre Dame, and Miami isn't the only team playing a non-conference top 10 team (we play UGA and Florida St. plays Florida) she absolutely right that we have to start winning our non-conference games and our bowl games. Until then we will be unable to furnish national title contenders. Additionally, of everyone in the league, Clemson is the only team that has a real shot at being a contender... Poor facts, statistics, and grammar aside, she is dead on with her article.

This is the same Heather Dinich who did such a masterful job on the last column that was eviscerated here.... at least she's consistent.

This is the same Heather Dinich who did such a masterful job on the last column that was eviscerated here.... at least she's consistent.

It's not hard to be consistently eviscerated here. Just say anything that might be taken as a slight on Georgia Tech. Or, write an article for the AJC praising Tech...that usually gets the job done too. This place seems to have a blanket hatred for all media.

I'd do her, and then edit her blog while she's not looking.

Back