Your daily dwag wtf

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Hurricane Florence continues to affect college football games this week.

The kickoff for Middle Tennessee's game at No. 3 Georgia on Saturday has been moved to noon due to concerns about the impact of the storm. The game had been scheduled for a 7:15 p.m. kickoff.

Georgia said Thursday that the decision to move the kickoff time was made following "extensive evaluation involving the uncertainty of weather conditions on the East Coast, and consideration of all constituencies involved including fans, support staff, and law enforcement.''

There is no rain in the current forecast for Saturday. Athens, in northeast Georgia, could be affected by outer bands of the storm on Sunday.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24666885/georgia-moves-kickoff-storm-approaches

Interesting. Why couldn't Georgia Tech have moved it's game against Alcorn State to the evening hours when hot temperatures were forecast? People were being treated for heat related issues during the game and Georgia moves their game-time because its going to rain?

Interesting. Why couldn't Georgia Tech have moved it's game against Alcorn State to the evening hours when hot temperatures were forecast? People were being treated for heat related issues during the game and Georgia moves their game-time because its going to rain?
Emergency management decisions are always more complicated than at surface view. Perhaps they have a lot of fans coming in from the Carolinas? Driving in flooding rains is not recommended during the daytime but definitely not at night. Maybe they figured people would stay home rather than get drenched for three hours to watch a sloppy game vs an overmatched opponent?

I told my dad on the way down to the Alcorn State game that I would rather play in a monsoon than the heat

It never would have been moved if it was an SEC game on a major network. It’s the staff and administrators wanting a Saturday night off.

Emergency management decisions are always more complicated than at surface view. Perhaps they have a lot of fans coming in from the Carolinas? Driving in flooding rains is not recommended during the daytime but definitely not at night. Maybe they figured people would stay home rather than get drenched for three hours to watch a sloppy game vs an overmatched opponent?
I don’t know about MTSU, but uga’s fandom stops at the Savannah River.

Maybe they figured people would stay home rather than get drenched for three hours to watch a sloppy game vs an overmatched opponent?
I think that happened at Tech. People stayed home rather than get burned for three hours to watch an uninteresting game vs an overmatched opponent. I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but it looks like the dwags take better care of their fans than we do.

It never would have been moved if it was an SEC game on a major network. It’s the staff and administrators wanting a Saturday night off.

It's was on ESPN at 7:00pm? That doesn't count?

Some of you tards are over thinking this. This is a CYA move, plain and simple. Move the game earlier to avoid even the slightest chance to weather disrupting commuters and play on the field. If you don't do this, you open yourself up to the tons of complaints.
It's a öööö game against a öööö team, why not play it safe?

I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but it looks like the dwags take better care of their fans than we do.
Feel free to hate yourself; GT had no weather excuse to defy our E$PN masters like the dwags have here. GT was told when to play and played the game, just like the paid-for bitches GT - the dwags and the rest of CFB - are.

If there was a weather-related issue similar to what is happening now, GT would change its game time as well.

Now when it comes to a Def Bods test, your ass better be there to take it unless the Governor calls out the National Guard.

I think that happened at Tech. People stayed home rather than get burned for three hours to watch an uninteresting game vs an overmatched opponent. I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but it looks like the dwags take better care of their fans than we do.

I enjoyed the halftime show.

They will be at the Clarke Co supermax pen running cover instead. Wonder which player gets a "wrong way" ticket for their DUI this time?

Jesus the one time UGA gets a noon game and you still manage to complain

Back