Your Favorite GT Moment of the Regular Season

GTpat

Varsity Lurker
Mine is Nesbitt taking it to the house in the 4th against VT.

There are many, but I'd have to say JN taking the ball back at the F$U game is the best.

The play where we played Indian-giver with the Seminoles in order to gain a new set of downs.

I say the strike to Peeples against Vandy.

Nesbitt reverse-fumblerooski was also my favorite, but I like Dwyer plowing over the UVA defender as well.

Nesbitt's game winning TD against Wake, and his celebration. It just showed pure emotion

Carrying the goalpost to Bud P's house after the VT + rushing the field. Won't forget that one.

Hands down, being in the front row to rush the field after VT. I'm graduating in 11 days, and I know that I will always look back on my final football season and remember that feeling. I'm so proud of our guys and so thankful for all the wonderful moments they gave me to look forward to when times were rough this semester!

Josh Nesbitt is my favorite 2009 moment. "The Steal" against FSU and "The Clutchdown" against VT, not to mention his TD celebrations. Usually it's just flip the ball to the ref and head to the sidelines, but for the first TD against WF he just stopped and stared into the crowd like, "That's right. How you like that?". Plus the windmill-throw to win it against the deacs, and the salute against UNC...

I REALLY hope he finds a way to be even more awesome next year...

Definitely a tie.

I didn't quite believe I'd actually seen what I thought I had seen when Josh stole the ball back from Florida State. That play cemented Josh as a Tech legend.

But when he stayed in bounds to score the game-winner against Virginia Tech, I lost control. Absolute euphoria. The joyous shoving and insanity in my row of the upper east rivaled that of the fumble by Florida State last year.

Can't really pinpoint a favorite moment so I'll describe them as follows:

Most exciting: JD houses the 1st play of the year vs JSU (9 months bottled up and uncorked all at once)
Most satisfying: The time we forced that one team to punt (maybe I was dreaming)
Most memorable: Josh's strip/recovery vs the noles (my grandkids will know it well)
Most important: Nesbitt 3rd and long pass to Bebe to setup game winner vs Clemson (we would have started 1-2 without that play)
Best play: 87 yarder to Peeples off the counter option play action (CPJ football at its finest)

Back