Your preseason Top 25

TechSBP

Dodd-Like
Because the only thing more useless than a preseason top 25 poll is a preseason top 25 prediction thread on a mesage board:

1. Ohio State
2. Stanford
3. Alabama
4. Florida State
5. South Carolina
6. Florida
7. Louisville
8. Oregon
9. Georgie
10. Notre Dame
11. UCLA
12. Clemson
13. Texas A&M
14. Georgia Tech
15. Oklahoma
16. BYU
17. LSU
18. Oklahoma State
19. Michigan
20. TCU
21. Northwestern
22. Wisconsin
23. Miami
24. Boise State
25. Oregon State

GT is not in my top 25. Neither is USC.

The only two teams in the ACC in my top 25 are Clemson and Florida State.

Contrast that to the SEC teams I have in the top 25 which are Bama, UGA, UF, Scar, and TAM.

GT is not in my top 25. Neither is USC.

The only two teams in the ACC in my top 25 are Clemson and Florida State.

Contrast that to the SEC teams I have in the top 25 which are Bama, UGA, UF, Scar, and TAM.

Why is GT not in your top 25?

Should I do a poll on what I think teams should be ranked now or what I think they will be ranked by season's end.

Having gone only by what teams I have seen, MTSU is obviously #1..

1. Alabama
2. Ohio St
3. Stanford
4. Texas A&M
5. South Carolina
6. Clemson
7. Louisville
8. Oregon
9. Georgia
10. Florida St
11. Florida
12. Northwestern
13. Boise St
14. Notre Dame
15. Kansas St
16. Vanderbilt
17. Baylor
18. Georgia Tech
19. Nebraska
20. Miami
21. UCLA
22. Penn St
23. Oregon St
24. LSU
25. UNC

Yea, its a bit crazy but whatever.

I demand a personal apology or recourse.

Dearest TechSBP,

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

-jdubjacket I

Well, Tech for example. I don't think a preseason ranking would be appropriate, but by the end if the year if we're 9-3 or so I'd probably have us ranked.

I'd just rank who I think are the top 25 teams in the country. I think we belong in that group right now. I'm biased of course, but I think Tech can win the coastal and the ACC isn't a bad conference.

Dearest TechSBP,

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

-jdubjacket I

Clearly the apology of someone whose not interested in the kind of recourse SBP would be looking for.

Why would/should they be different?

Because one is who I think should be in the top 25 right now and the other is who I think will be in the top 25 at the end of the year. It's very possible to think that a team should be in the top 25 but will likely accumulate enough losses that they won't be at the end of the year, just as it's possible to think that a team isn't really that good but will benefit enough from an easy schedule to make it in by the end of the year.

Back