YouTubeTV losing Fox Regional

I cancelled YouTubeTV after the college football season with plans to turn it back on in April for Braves broadcasts. I hope they can come to terms.

I will 100% switch if regional fox networks are not restored before baseball season. Literally the reason I chose YouTubeTV over some cheaper alternatives.
That's just what Fox wants you to do. Wait it out for awhile, it's just baseball. If people would put the pressure on the networks and not the providers, everyone will win.

That jerkoff “Steak” Shapiro and crew were saying this morning that Hulu will probably lose regional Fox after this contract period. I guess Sinclair media wants to stand up their own streaming service

Edit: Maybe so. Kinda slow playing it...
https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/16/l...streaming-service-with-local-news-and-sports/
Had a feeling this might happen so I held back my smug hurrahs as a Hulu subscriber. If one of these cable alternatives balks there's a good chance others follow suit

FOX Sports South is the regional broadcaster of ACC football, televising 17 football games during the 2019 and 40 Mens/womens Basketball games regular to nearly 11 million households across Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. (The RSN deal is going to last at least through 2026-2027, left over from the media rights extension when Pitt and Syracuse joined. Those games are still produced by Raycom. But Shown on RSN like Fox Sports South, NESN. Basically all the RSN's that Fox sold to Sinclair)

So if you like ACC sports you may want to switch from Youtube TV and go with HULU LIVE TV or another Sports heavy cord cutting option

I'm hoping this is just a slap fight and the channels are restored in a few days after this little power struggle. If not, I'm switching to Hulu.
Same. I can't really believe they let this happen. It's not just YTTV but a couple of other streamers, and you've gotta think Google is calling their bluff. Hell to pay if the Braves go off the air this season just as fan interest is on the increase. It also affects Hawks, A-United, and a bunch of other stuff. I do think ESPN will make ACC sports accessible in other ways. I would think there's be more flexibility there than, say, with MLB.

For all you streamers, you realize any of this stuff can be found through the FSS apps right?

Hey what's the latest on this? Did Youtube TV get their deal in place with Fox Sports RSNs?

Hey what's the latest on this? Did Youtube TV get their deal in place with Fox Sports RSNs?

As far as I can tell, still just the temporary extension in place. Imagine it will go down to the wire again before any other news released.

My strongly worded letter worked, you're welcome.
I dropped YTTV the day this was announced. The timing was a mere coincidence but in their survey I said it was because the were loosing the Fox Sports regional channels.

I got the following email from Youtube TV today. FYI, I'm in metro Atlanta.

We recently announced that FOX Regional Sports Networks would no longer be available on YouTube TV. We have since come to an agreement with Sinclair that will allow us to continue to carry FOX Regional Sports Networks in select areas.
Your access will not be impacted as previously communicated. You will be able to continue to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network.
Thanks for your patience,
The YouTube TV team

Back