Yuck! Nike-itis hits the Clempsun unis

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
05orange.jpg
05purple.jpg
05white.jpg

http://clemsontigers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040505aaf.html

God forbid we ever stoop to those disgusting levels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Yes, these uniforms are hideous. Clemson is hideous.

However, at the risk of ruffling some traditional feathers:

I think Tech would benefit from changing the uniforms from the traditional White & Old Gold. Accent colors including navy and black have been used. I feel that these are too stark these days. I suggest a new accent color for Tech's football uniforms - Gray. Keep in mind, this would be a silvery gray.

The helmets, of course, would not change - Old Gold with a white GT. For the unis, picture the Seahawks uniforms, but work in White & Old Gold instead of blue and electric turquoise.

I think having some modern and streamlined uniforms would help give the players some kick. It could also help in recruiting. The fact that our players are concerned about what they wear should not be underestimated.

Gray with gold? I may not be a fashion expert but does that even make sense?

BTW, for my money the Seahawks have some of the worst uniforms in the NFL.

Nike falls further down my potential shoe list every day. Reeboks work just fine for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I think having some modern and streamlined uniforms would help give the players some kick. It could also help in recruiting. The fact that our players are concerned about what they wear should not be underestimated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess this explains Penn State's recent suckitude. Wait, maybe not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Okay, sarcasm off. Sorry, but I just don't agree at all with you there. Tech's 2003 uniforms were all business and that's just the way that a lot of us liked them. After a couple seasons of anorexic numerals and clown letters, the traditional look was a huge welcome. Besides, I don't think USC, Oklahoma, or Auburn players cared about how traditional (or plain, as some people might think) their uniforms looked as long as they were winning last season.

I'm glad Tech's outfitter is RA and not Nike.

[ QUOTE ]
God forbid we ever stoop to those disgusting levels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember those urine-yellow jersey's we had in the 90's? My goodness those were pretty awful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought the picture on the far right was of a female.

I thought the same thing. I was flipping through the state and I thought it was going to say Clemson had a female football player, but then I saw the title of the article. You would think they would get a stud looking guy that is just ripped to show off their new uni's but that thing. I still think he is a female kicker for Clemson or something.

Re: Yes, he\'s a kicker

Don't need the Hive when we've got shots like that! That's awesome!

Re: Yes, he\'s a kicker

Hey!! It's Ethel Murmon!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

I don\'t think it\'s Nike\'s fault for the design

The uniform provider designs whatever the school wants to have. Look at BYU's new uniforms --
uni2005-bwfront300.jpg
. That is the a traditional look that BYU wanted to have and isn't too flashy. If the school wants to have a design, a uniform outfitter will design what they want. Clearly, Clemson didn't know what they were thinking.

Back