Yuk, GT could get Syracuse in Champ Sports?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
According to Syracuse's HC Pasqualoni & the Orangemen's AD that's exactly what could happen. The 'Cuse Athletic Department is apparantly trying to talk the Champ Sports Bowl into letting Colorado/Iowa St go to the Las Vegas Bowl to play Wyoming, while accepting Syracuse to stay on the Atlantic seaboard.
Champ Sports may do this if Iowa St is the team they would get, but would they let Colorado go? Colo is sure a heck of a lot closer to Vegas then they are to Orlando & may be lobbying the Champ Sports Bowl themselves to do this tradeoff.
I'd much prefer to see GT play Colorado then to see the Yellow Jackets play the Orangemen.

Syracuse wants Champ Sports?

NO favors for Syracuse/Big East!

Big East was asked to send team to Boise to fill ACC slot (so that 8-3 Virginia could have a better bowl) and said "no." I'll be PISSED if the Champs Bowl, which already has an ACC tie, does any favors for the Orange.

Re: NO favors for Syracuse/Big East!

Why would you expect the Big East to do anything to help the ACC. The Champ Sports Bowl will do whatever they think will sell the most tickets which is exactly what they should do

I think the ACC should have enough leverage

to tell the Champs Bowl we won't play a Big East team...that's not what we agreed to when we accepted the bid, and it's not in the ACC's or GT's best interests.

Re: I think the ACC should have enough leverage

eh, syracuse is a decent team. who are we to boss around a bowl we got lucky to get a bid to. i say lets just be thankful for an east coast bowl and try to whoop whoever we play. anyone agree?

I agree. It also looks like Co. will get beat by 100 tonight.
It would be real bad to play Colorado. Nothing good to gain.

actually, looks like texas gained enough votes to pick up a BCS bid. looks like we are playing syracuse.

Back