Zach Fraysier - Signed LOI?

Hun Pilot

Varsity Lurker
There was a front page article in the the sports section of the Cherokee Ledger News this week that Zach Fraysier, a 6-3/270 lb center from Cherokee HS (Georgia) had signed an LOI on signing day. I have not found this kid's name anywhere that even mentions him as a GT recruit. Anyone else have any insight?

That is the one. Hope this is not like the kid from Nevada.

I don't think he's like the Nevada kid. I don't have any confirmation but I've seen where he will likely be a preferred walk-on.

According to Chattanooga Times Free Press, he rejected the UTC scholly to "walk on" at Tech. However, the Cherokee Ledger makes it seem like he signed a scholly, so not sure which is true.

According to Chattanooga Times Free Press, he rejected the UTC scholly to "walk on" at Tech. However, the Cherokee Ledger makes it seem like he signed a scholly, so not sure which is true.

A teacher from his high school on another board confirmed he was a preferred walk-on for GT and spurned offers from Southern Conference schools for full rides.

He's guaranteed a spot on the team and told he has a good chance of gaining a scholarship the next season. You pretty much recruit them as well.

to tag on to your post demjackets...they also have much higher academic qualifications than our regular scholly players. I cannot remember the exact, but Geoff Collins had said something like a 3.5 GPA and 1100 SAT minimum as opposed to 3.0 GPA and 900 SAT minimum. A l ot of these preferred walk-on's get on HOPE scholarship or find other academic financial assistance through traditional means.

I watched him play at several Cherokee HS games here in Canton. Hope he works out at Tech.

There was a front page article in the the sports section of the Cherokee Ledger News this week that Zach Fraysier, a 6-3/270 lb center from Cherokee HS (Georgia) had signed an LOI on signing day. I have not found this kid's name anywhere that even mentions him as a GT recruit. Anyone else have any insight?

Has anyone learned if he has or has not signed as the article stated?
I'm not seeing his name on the new roster on Ramblin Wreck or Scout.

If he did sign is there a reason that his name would not be listed?

Has anyone learned if he has or has not signed as the article stated?
I'm not seeing his name on the new roster on Ramblin Wreck or Scout.

If he did sign is there a reason that his name would not be listed?

No. He's a preferred walk-on candidate so we really won't know anything definite until classes start. (Recapping the thread) All we know is he hasn't signed anywhere yet and he's rumored to be a walk-on at GT.

Back