Zach Laskey fumble?

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
On one of Laskey's poorly blocked punt returns in the second half, a Kansas guy had him by the leg and then another one dove at the ball. It looked like the ball came out--Laskey didn't come up with the ball--but I guess he was ruled down. Two questions:
1. Was the call right? Looked like the ball came out before either knee was down to me.
2. Who actually ended up with the ball? I couldn't find the ball rewatching the game video.

It looked like it was a thigh pad that came out. I remember seeing him change pants at the game bc they were practically ripped off him. I never saw the ball come out. and there was never a scramble for it. I agree about the poor blocking.

It looked like it was a thigh pad that came out. I remember seeing him change pants at the game bc they were practically ripped off him. I never saw the ball come out. and there was never a scramble for it. I agree about the poor blocking.

Speaking of scrambles, I think Kansas had Sims fumble at the start of the pile but Roddy got in there and got it back for us. Well done.

Us "running into the kicker" was total BS.

Our defense held them to 14 points all day, imo.

he slid and bounced into him, sure. but that's just how the penalty goes. should've fixed his trajectory.

I saw it as our guy was laying on the ground no longer moving towards the kicker. The kicker hops forward a couple times well after the kick for no good reason while watching the ball in the air. I can see it if contact was initiated by the kicker's momentum, but it didn't look that way to me. It was a good couple of seconds after the kick and a dive by the kicker IMO. Going from memory.

I saw it as our guy was laying on the ground no longer moving towards the kicker. The kicker hops forward a couple times well after the kick for no good reason while watching the ball in the air. I can see it if contact was initiated by the kicker's momentum, but it didn't look that way to me. It was a good couple of seconds after the kick and a dive by the kicker IMO. Going from memory.

I thought that it was BS and probably wouldn't have been called except for the Big 12 officials. JMO

Agree running into the kicker was BS. It was like the kicker saw the bad kick, looked down, and fell on top of the defender. Wish you could challenge calls like that.

Agree running into the kicker was BS. It was like the kicker saw the bad kick, looked down, and fell on top of the defender. Wish you could challenge calls like that.

The kicker saw our guy haulin' ass at him and decided to tug on his kick rather than letting it get blocked. Our guy slid to where the ball was placed. Unfortunately, that space is the kicker's.

Back