Zach Laskey Still Positive

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
In rushing situations, that is. I have no idea how the young man's outlook on the team is. During the Clemson game I could have sworn I saw him get dropped for a loss, but apparently I was just too intoxicated to see straight. Anybody else see that or was it just me?

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2012&org=255&player=37

His officialized statisticalness says he's still flawless in that arena at 5.5 yards per rush. Kid's a player. :biggthumpup:

I love him. He is my favorite player. JF77 has a great story about him. :cooldance:

For the rest of the season, I'd like to see 4th and Lasky, not 5th and Washington.

I really don't understand why Zaskey hasn't been getting the ball as much these past 3 games

What? I was sure he lost a yard. I'm going to review the tape...

For the rest of the season, I'd like to see 4th and Lasky, not 5th and Washington.

From some of the replays I have watched this year, I think Tevin has called his own # more than CPJ has.. I don't know if he thinks he can get the yardage easier than the others, or if it is misreads, or if he is just hesitant to distribute the ball in close spaces :dunno:

From some of the replays I have watched this year, I think Tevin has called his own # more than CPJ has.. I don't know if he thinks he can get the yardage easier than the others, or if it is misreads, or if he is just hesitant to distribute the ball in close spaces :dunno:

Ya he's done that since day 1. A big reason I think PJ doesn't trust him as much as he did JfN.

Guess the thread title should be Zach Laskey Still Not Negative then.

This may sound stupid, but I wonder a bit what a maryland Iform would be like with gotsis & laskey as the FBs.

This may sound stupid, but I wonder a bit what a maryland Iform would be like with gotsis & laskey as the FBs.

Jerome Bettis comes to mind, size-wise. He'd still have to drop 25 lbs to be the size Bettis was at his biggest though. I don't think you get many snaps out of a 300 lb RB.

well, you'd have gotsis as the primary blocker, and laskey as the secondary, and then probably orwin or godhigh at TB.

he would be there more for dealing punishment. I'm just thnking that with his speed, he'd be a force for perimeter blocking.

Jerome Bettis comes to mind, size-wise. He'd still have to drop 25 lbs to be the size Bettis was at his biggest though. I don't think you get many snaps out of a 300 lb RB.

Alabama ran lots of goal line plays with Mount Cody (bigger than TJ Barnes) as the lead FB blocking. Can you imagine that as a safety or LBer trying to fill a hole and then THAT comes running through? I watched some highlights and half the time the defender doesn't even try, they just bailed out of the way of Cody or crumpled under him.

Alabama ran lots of goal line plays with Mount Cody (bigger than TJ Barnes) as the lead FB blocking. Can you imagine that as a safety or LBer trying to fill a hole and then THAT comes running through? I watched some highlights and half the time the defender doesn't even try, they just bailed out of the way of Cody or crumpled under him.

Yeah, but Cody was a freak of nature who just went and grabbed the starting spot on the already heaviest line in the NFC north, and he was a full 20% heavier at Alabama than Gotsis is. A 260ish LB is going to have a lot easier time blocking a 300lb guy than a 360 lb guy. 40 lbs is an advantage, 100 lbs is a mismatch in the kindest terms.

It'd still be effective, but not quite like Cody.

Isn't Cody the guy with the haunted belly?

yeah Andre Smith is apparently the picture I'm thinking of. Where he's running the 40 and his belly looks like a cartoon ghost face imo.

Back