Zenon?

Seems like that could get a little awkward... Every AB crowding CPJ, trying to get in the game.

but fortunately mostly they are wee little folk so it wouldn't be all THAT crowded, kind of like Gulliver

oversight per CPJ
yea...CPJ is so flighty and forgetful. :wink:

bottom line it was a tight and hardfought game where every block mattered across all 11 players on every play...and CPJ went with the guys he flt most comfortable with. This is why you only saw Hill, Melton, and McKayhan at WR as well (with Jackson sprinkled in a couple plays when Hill was hurt).

CPJ calls a game based off elephant memory and gut instinct.

Zenon has a bright future...as does Deon Hill...they are only freshmen.

We don't use stickers for motivation but I think we should begin to use them for blocking on O and properly executed tackles on D. The two basic plays that winning football teams execute properly. Everyone sees runs, catches, and hard hits but most fans have no clue to blocking and a proper driving wrap them up tackle.

It would be awesome to see a bunch of stickers on Melton and Jones helmets.

I love the fact that CPJ emphasizes blocking. This years offense is only starting to roll. If we keep focus and keeping penalties down and hang on to the ball we will make it to the ACCCG. Our D is getting some stops and they are only going to get better. I am excited about next 10 games. An injury to TW is biggest threat to a great year.

As far as it being an oversight, I don't understand. It seems to me that he would swap out since he has playmakers as backups, if only to give a brief rest to starters.

CPJ had said many times over that when the game is moving fast the way to get in, is to stand next to him and ask. If Zenon isn't standing near by, then CPJ may just not go looking for him.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

I think CPJ is used to looking for certain players (Roddy, Peeples, Wright, Smith) so when he calls out guys names to put them in he instinctively calls for one of them.

Kevin Cone said the only time he got in the game is when he'd stand next to CPJ and when he'd yell, "Where's STEPHEN?!" he'd say, "right here coach".

Probably hyperbole, but funny never the less.

That scares me. He's a little guy and that's often a rough position.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

If you signal "fair catch", maybe... There's a reason the NFL moved the kickoffs to reduce concussions/injuries related to the coverage team coming down the field full-speed at the return man.

And those concussions weren't to the return man. I don't see you point.

Back