Zero Discipline

4false starts...two blocked punts and a interception didnt help us out much........players did play hard but we have no running game and lack of tight coverage on pass defense

4false starts...two blocked punts and a interception didnt help us out much........players did play hard but we have no running game and lack of tight coverage on pass defense
Nobody will run it well against Clemson.

Aww, öööö it. Not worth it.
OP literally said we have no running game I wouldn't say that against clemson not many if anybody will run it well against them. As far as disipline goes your right we had bad discipline moments with false starts and the punts but minus that I didn't see to much disipline problems as a whole.

OP literally said we have no running game I wouldn't say that against clemson not many if anybody will run it well against them. As far as disipline goes your right we had bad discipline moments with false starts and the punts but minus that I didn't see to much disipline problems as a whole.
öööö . . .

OK, I see a HUGE discipline problem.

Can you tell me the last time you saw a coach leave all three 1st half timeouts on the table in a game he's trailing, and then squander all three 2nd half timeouts in the first 12 minutes or so of the second half?

And OP did not say we have no running game . . . the second poster Mack said that.

öööö . . .

OK, I see a HUGE discipline problem.

Can you tell me the last time you saw a coach leave all three 1st half timeouts on the table in a game he's trailing, and then squander all three 2nd half timeouts in the first 12 minutes or so of the second half?

And OP did not say we have no running game . . . the second poster Mack said that.
your right about OP sorry and never said coaching was disipline, but the team looked more discipline minus the OL and punt team.

We had 73 yds rushing and averaged 2.4 ypc. Who in the ACC’s gonna do worse than us, Syracuse?

Clemson's front line is going to make most, if not all, running games look bad. That was the biggest mismatch going into Monday night - their D line against our inexperienced O line.
They got experienced last night.
I thought the coverage was good for most of the night, except on their tight ends. Sims got burned early, and then made a horrible attempt at a tackle. It looked like he was trying to swat flies off the guy's back - but he was better after that.
Then again, I don't know how good Clemson's receivers are now. I don't think we're looking at the second comings of DeAndre Hopkins or Sammy Watkins among that group.
The tackling was better.

But ...
the false starts
the blocked punts
the worst game management maybe in Tech history
Is too much to overcome.

Back