#10 is a Running Back - Marcus Allen

Interview uploaded May 26 (before we or FSU offered)

[y]Ug0IeWCqy7Q[/y]

Love the interview. How will you pick a school? "The school that sets me up for my life after football and after college and for when I can't go between the whistles knocking peoples' heads off anymore, and a place that'll be a great family and leave a lasting impact on my life."

Welcome to GT.

He's obviously got a lot upstairs to work with also. He'll fit in very nicely.

His video is very impressive I must say. He looks like an all around GREAT get. Welcome Mr. Allen!

It's pretty typical to speed up the playback on these videos ~5% to make the kids look faster. I think that's what we have here. Though it's still impressive.

Forgive my ignorance, I really don't see enough prospect tapes to know about that. Still, comparing his speed to other smaller guys who look as though they'd be faster or more agile, he can hold his own. And just from that clip, Allen doesn't look like he gives up on any play.

Great pickup!

What was FSU and UT recruiting him as? His scout page is a little confusing, a picture of him playing QB, listed at OLB but recruited as a BB...obviously an athlete. Like his measurables and his offer list! Win-Win!

It's pretty typical to speed up the playback on these videos ~5% to make the kids look faster. I think that's what we have here. Though it's still impressive.

Maybe, but it is still all relative. They are not speeding up ONE kid. He is still in the backfield pretty fast on those tackles.

nope...I have seen this done plenty of times but his video is clean. you can tell by looking at players other than him.

Great pickup!

What was FSU and UT recruiting him as? His scout page is a little confusing, a picture of him playing QB, listed at OLB but recruited as a BB...obviously an athlete. Like his measurables and his offer list! Win-Win!
Not confusing if you read the interview with Marcus...or the interview with his high school coach (Coach's Corner)...both on Rivals. :biggrin: btw..also has a 3.98 GPA...4.4 weighted.

He was in love with Tennessee. Anybody know what changed his mind toward GT? He didn't even mention GT in that Spring interview.

He wants to play RB.

Only offers for RB were Vandy, GT and Illinois. Everyone else wanted him at OLB.

Kid is a super athlete. Huge pickup.

Wow another very impressive kid in the classroom and a great football player. This class is turning out great.

How solid is he, if there is such a thing?
Seems solid to me. CPJ always go over with a commitment that this means they are done with visits..and explains how this affects others that may otherwise be recruited by us.
This is a high character kid...another late bloomer with only one year of football experience.

Seems solid to me. CPJ always go over with a commitment that this means they are done with visits..and explains how this affects others that may otherwise be recruited by us.
This is a high character kid...another late bloomer with only one year of football experience.

What if ND or Stanford come a callin'?

What if you stopped being a forum bitch?

What if you make an intelligent response to my first question and we can forget about this pissing contest?

This kid is smart and academically inclined or he never would have picked GT. We've had other kids swayed away by other academically minded universities or have you forgotten about Mr. Tuitt?

My question makes a lot of sense yet you decided to mock it like the douche you are.

What if you make an intelligent response to my first question and we can forget about this pissing contest?

This kid is smart and academically inclined or he never would have picked GT. We've had other kids swayed away by other academically minded universities or have you forgotten about Mr. Tuitt?

My question makes a lot of sense yet you decided to mock it like the douche you are.

Your question is you being a worrying wimp. What if Auburn offers with 180k, will he still love us then?

What if MIT comes in and starts a FBS football team and offers, will he still be committed to Tech?

You can play the what-if game all day, or you can man up and stop worrying about it.

Your question is you being a worrying wimp. What if Auburn offers with 180k, will he still love us then?

What if MIT comes in and starts a FBS football team and offers, will he still be committed to Tech?

You can play the what-if game all day, or you can man up and stop worrying about it.

All I was wondering is if some other highly touted academic schools other than Vandy have offered or showed interest. That is not being a "worrying wimp." That is looking at the big picture and who our competition is for this kid knowing full well the recruiting of this kid has just begun.

Back