#11 in AP Poll

Oregon is top 10 in Sagarin as well, ranked #7 in Sagarin's most accurate measurement. They could end up falling off the map still, but it's east coast bias to say Oregon hasn't accomplished anything.

Oregon jumps us for beating the mighty 3-4 (0-12 last year) Washington. I don't care if one of their 3 wins out of 19 games was USC, that's some mighty stinking bull**** there.
I'm a casual fan of Oregon (don't know why really), and I don't really mind them jumping us because they have USC coming up soon. If Oregon beats USC, then GT jumps over USC, but if Oregon loses, then GT should jump over the Ducks; it's a win-win situation for GT.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a shot at USC in a BCS bowl? Talk about establishing yourself as an elite program; beating USC would announce to everyone GT is here to stay. If USC loses to Oregon and wins the rest of the way, the Orange Bowl might choose them to play GT (given we win the ACC, of course).

Why oh why couldn't Oregon get a rematch with Boise?? Oregon would destroy Boise right now. Oregon just didn't have their **** mind rite back in September.

Why oh why couldn't Oregon get a rematch with Boise?? Oregon would destroy Boise right now. Oregon just didn't have their **** mind rite back in September.

I don't know, Blount looked like he had his mind pretty f***in' rite after that game.

except where we end this year affects where we start next year

It's a multiyear marathon, not a sprint.

I concur. If we win we will only be ranked below the SECC, USC, and the eventual national champion starting next season. If the SECC is the NC then we could be #2 or 3 starting next season, making things a little easier next season.

Anybody recall playing BSU in a bowl not too long ago? How'd that turn out?

GTL, is it slowly starting to dawn on you that you dont know WTF you are talking about? pretty much EVER!!!

first you say that we got lucky in beating UVA
now your revisionist history implies that we lost to BSU? we played in Boise, thats a lot different from playing Boise State University.

you need to wake up, dude, and think about what you are posting before you make **** up

The only thing good is they are overrated and we should win. But I agree, when playing the non-BCS teams, it is generally a lose-lose sitch. I would not want to play TCU or Utah of last year.

Not sure I want to play TCU of this year. They are looking pretty strong at the moment, and they beat Clemson on the road.

I'm pretty sure GTL was thinking of Utah, the other non-BCS, quasi-perennial-BCS-spoiler team. They f'd us up pretty bad.

Boise played a mediocre Oklahoma team, and had to rely on the hook-and-ladder, or hitch n pitch, to tie the game — and that's poor coaching on Oklahoma's part, because there are two things you look for in a situation like that: the Hail Mary/Big Ben, or the hook and ladder.
Remember what happened when Boise played at Georgia to open the season a couple of years ago? They got the crap kicked out of them.

Back