#14 for ‘21 - 3* OL - Eli Richey (AL)

Our coaches are fantastic, he hasn't even seen CGC yet but already he's had influence, "get better every day". Also love the fact, he's doing the interview in his daddy's man cave with the crimson and white paint scheme, but he's coming to Atlanta to don the white and gold

Mine, too.
Richie started Buzz, but Jeffro set the standard (and then went on to serve his country in the Gulf War).
JJ was buzz when I was a cheerleader. We drank many a beer on road trips. We are still in contact through various means.

I also have a pretty good JJ/Rules Jr. story from a few years ago.

What I like about this guy is how long Key has known him. OL are usually projects because they are rarely finished products coming out of high school with a lot of unknowns compared to skill positions players. Key knows what he is getting here.

I like it.

Hard to scout HS OL, cuz they obliterate everything in front of them and that is not what you are looking for. You want to see skills and traits.

I see good feet and easy movement, and great body posture on pass pro. Looks naturally strong and naturally agile, so he can get even better with both with some equipment and training. So with his size and makeup the sky is the limit.

Minor good stuff: plays both left and right. Takes his assignments seriously.

Stuff to work on, cuz HS. Stops after his goal. For example, buries a man on run blocking but never looks for a second target which with his movement skills should be easy. Stops moving his feet on pass pro and does not correct after he makes his initial textbook block.

Comes from a similar background to Brent Key, and at the end of the day may turn out to be a taller Brent Key.
Clarification. He is a left tackle that sometimes lines up at TE. Either way, he sets from both sides.

Jesup??? Damn, a homeboy double Yellow Jacket!!!

Definitely not a pipeline for GT athletes, but some good GT students and 2 of the first 3 Buzzes.

Haahaa thought the same thing. Used to work in that area. Solid gagger territory. Would be great to have a player from WCHS

Back