# 16 Kalani Norris

I'm just realizing how interesting next year's QB battle is going to be. We'll have 3 options, all of whom have legit reasons for being the starter.

Oliver is very athletic has lots of game experience and some success against FBS defenses
Johnson was the backup before his injury, is a good passer, and has the most time in the system
Graham is probably the most talented of them all

Also have 2 QB commits, assuming they sign. I see Knight probably switching positions, but I am really high on Yates, who could flourish in any system. Even accounting for attrition, we should have pretty good options at qb for the next few years.

Both Graham and Yates can throw and ran option from shotgun in HS, I believe.

You're probably right, but if he's fast then those jump balls can turn into fly routes where he beats the DB and catches it in stride for a TD. Same thing goes for the post routes - the more separation our receivers get, the more margin for error our QB has.
Except for the fact that our QB's constantly underthrow the receivers causing them to slow down, catch it, get tackled for a 30 yd gain instead of a 60 yard TD.

Except for the fact that our QB's constantly underthrow the receivers causing them to slow down, catch it, get tackled for a 30 yd gain instead of a 60 yard TD.

that's what happens when you have run-first QBs and converted RBs playing QB.

Regardless, an underthrow on an open receiver is better than an underthrow on a covered receiver. We need every advantage we can get to help out our QBs.

Yeah, I saw 6'8" at the AJC article and was like WTF.

Why are we offering a 5'11" WR? Godalmighty.

yep, It is funny that we got a commit for WR that basically is a quick pass/short pass WR when we DON'T DO THAT.So a 175 WR to block 90% of the time.History shows NO ONE has done that here with PJ.
If at Aback, he shows no tape of being a running back.No handoff exp ,not to mention blocking.So a long learning curve.
Nice athlete but we need BIG DLs.A bunch.

Back