#19: Kenderius Whitehead

Why did he leave ncsu and enroll at georgia military? grades?

IIRC the coach that recruited him got fired and then his roommates ended up leaving for some reason. He basically got screwed over and didn't feel comfortable there anymore.

I heard 3 years left, but not sure.

Taking a JC may be a more positive sign than this specific young man committing - and his coming to GT is huge in and of itself.

He's a warm body, presumably, so that's a start.

We have a ton of DL's on roster next year…extremely backed up especially at DE. He was taken because he has a shot at being an excellent pure pass rusher for us….that is what he does best.

Why did he leave ncsu and enroll at georgia military? grades?

nothing to do with grades. Thankfully he was only at JUCO one year so he was not deep enough in to get way behind in hours because GT accepts very few JUCO hours…which is why we cannot take players who have been there 2 years when combined with typically a poor educational background.

Kenderius simply needly a place to go after leaving NCState following spring practice one year ago.

He will be a redshirt sophomore this fall with 3 years to play 3.

This is a great recruit for TECH. I work in Milledgeville and saw the kid play and he is an absolute beast. He will start and should post big numbers. This is great!

This is very...very...very good news.

Huge, imo. Both on the field and symbolically. Very happy about this. Welcome to the Flats Kenderius.

Weird seeing us land a JUCO, but he's clearly a special case since it wasn't grades or behavior that caused him to end up there. Great get by the staff.

Whaaaaaa- we are recruiting juco now??? Don't tell the TECH purists!

I am glad to see we are adapting to the way recruiting works these days. I want to see more of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - good news before signing day?? I hope this keeps up!!

Whaaaaaa- we are recruiting juco now??? Don't tell the TECH purists!

I am glad to see we are adapting to the way recruiting works these days. I want to see more of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are not adapting anything regarding JUCO's. The only reason he can come in from JUCO is because he was never a grades problem and he was only in JUCO one year instead of 2.

If he had been in JUCO two years he would have had too many hours to make up upon coming to GT because GT does not accept many of the classes students take at JUCO's.

There is a reason we have not signed one in 10 years.....most would have to sit out a year and take classes to even be eligible under NCAA APR (effective 2003)....and most JUCO's do not want to do that.

Because Kenderius had a year at NCState and only 2 semesters at GMC it will work out. If he had stayed there 2 years it would not have happened most likely.

Last edited:
Was Durant Brooks really 10 years ago? Dang...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back