2 reports on Gailey's Newnan Club talk

Re: 2 reports on Gailey\'s Newnan Club talk

We've all got a definition of what horrible may be for the coming year... Would we all agree that the UGA & Fresno games wholeheartedly meet the definition of horrible...

My shaky prediction is that even if this season goes down the drain, Braine will be the scapegoat & his head will be served up to the "Money Dudes" on a silver platter as a peace offering... with the 10 academic casualties as the reason for a failed year.. gailey will survive...

As an aside.. I will never forget looking forward to that UGA game all fall, especially the week before.. listening to all the talk shows, reading all the papers & trash talking with fellow Tech fans vs the invading dawgies on the hive... then sitting down to watch the game and having it basically over by midway thru the 2nd quarter... biggest letdown I can remember for a sporting event in many, MANY years of being a fan of many teams... When I think of that game this is what I want to do...
puke.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
We've all got a definition of what horrible may be for the coming year... Would we all agree that the UGA & Fresno games wholeheartedly meet the definition of horrible...

As an aside.. I will never forget looking forward to that UGA game all fall, especially the week before.. listening to all the talk shows, reading all the papers & trash talking with fellow Tech fans vs the invading dawgies on the hive... then sitting down to watch the game and having it basically over by midway thru the 2nd quarter... biggest letdown I can remember for a sporting event in many, MANY years of being a fan of many teams... When I think of that game this is what I want to do...
puke.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: You hit it again! I had a house full of Tech fans and we were boisterous and enjoying the day - UNTIL!! What started out as a wonderful gathering of friends and fans to cheer loud for our beloved GT, felt like a funeral and not only did our team die but we all felt dead and let me use the word - SHOCK!

Hey Ylojk8,.....you didn't ask me any questions, but let me give you some answers.

1) I didn't go to Tech,.....why should that matter?.
2) I give what I can to to the AT Fund ( have for the past 10 years)
3) I'm Southern by birth and Yellow Jacket by the Grace of God.
4) I do believe graduation rates are important and as a Son of the South,...I also understand that winning football games is also IMPORTANT.
5) Don't ever try to link my hatred and comtempt of CG with my "lack of support" for the Tech Football program. I can assure you that my blood runs Old Gold and it will 'til the day I leave this life.
6) I will always hold Coach O'Leary in the highest regard for what he did for the Yellow Jacket Nation. I would have him over for supper anytime. GC would not be welcome in my home.
7) I will never forgive those on the Hill that were responsible for turning their back on these 11 football players and bringing disgrace upon our program. May they burn...........

GATA JACKETS!!!!!

I was there also in '75 for the 1H debacle, but I do think we made a good show in the second half. Remember that a key to the revival of the offense was abandoning the wishbone and inserting Rudy at QB, and some balance between the run and pass let us move the ball. We recovered two onside kicks in the fourth quarter if I recall correctly.

If only Bucky Shamburger could have scored on the long run (he was caught from behind and we didn't even score) I think it could have been interesting. Big thing is that those guys didn't quit unlike last year.

Back