# 20

Pretty good blurb from a Nike Combine:

"
Athlete Corey Dennis (Troy, Ala./Charles Henderson) put up a stellar 3.97-second time in the shuttle and had a 35-inch vertical. Dennis plays some quarterback for his high school team, but could also play receiver and on defense. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3910437

Is that the 20yd shuttle the NFL combine uses?

Because that's hard to believe, that would have been the best time at the entire NFL combine.

Got no issue with this. Get to 26. Might be a bit of a reach (at least he has FBS offers, Gailey took some guys with FCS only) but at this point just fill it out.

Is that the 20yd shuttle the NFL combine uses?
It's from 2009, so he might have been lighter since rivals lists him at 205 but scout lists him at 185. He might have pretty good speed though, we will see after 1-2 years of workouts at Tech.

His dad, who is the AD at Troy also played football at UGA under Dooley and was a Safety. He also coached at UTC, Auburn, and UGA.

Makes it even more ridiculous to think he could fly under the radar.

Yeah, I don't see this guy flying under the radar. This might have been done go get us two home games vs Troy.

Who cares if he is a reach? We need to sign 26 in this class, **** all of the "making classes even" BS. We lose 4-5 guys every year because of attrition, and I've heard we're not far from losing another guy this year.
Former QB. 205 with 4.5 speed. If he never does anything besides tear up ST's, the scholly is worth it.

His dad, who is the AD at Troy also played football at UGA under Dooley and was a Safety. He also coached at UTC, Auburn, and UGA.

Makes it even more ridiculous to think he could fly under the radar.

So in other words he comes from bad stock. I give him three months on getting arrested.

Who cares if he is a reach? We need to sign 26 in this class, **** all of the "making classes even" BS. We lose 4-5 guys every year because of attrition, and I've heard we're not far from losing another guy this year.
Former QB. 205 with 4.5 speed. If he never does anything besides tear up ST's, the scholly is worth it.

This.

Can't we only sign 25 a year?

A little more info

He was voted 5A Honorable Mention All-State as an athlete. Here's the link.

I guess he's from the Dothan area, he made that paper's Top 12 list.

Here's one of those "best performances" write ups that papers do, saying he ran for 220 yards (3 TDs) on 15 carries and was 8/11 for 113 yards passing (2 TDs).

By all accounts, looks to be a good athlete. Seems to be a stretch for ACC football, but based on the numbers he could certainly be a good player at Tech.

Back