2003 Cadillac Escalade

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sports/uga/0803/20ganote.html

Richt said Thurman told him he borrowed a 2003 Cadillac Escalade from a friend to pick up relatives in downtown Athens.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NICE FRIENDS!!!

That friend would be Randy McMichael...

Since I can't prove it was actually McMichael, I will qualify my post as rumor.

My ugag buddy who knows a lot told me this exact same story verbatim before the press got a hold of it. The only difference with his story is that McMichael was named.

Funny how the Reverend Richt doesn't mention the fact there was an open container in the car! Typical!

Doesn't matter though, the 'MUTT NATION' will be in an uproar about a month from now. Bank on that.

As for us, I'm hoping this HORRIBLE weather (heatwise) is going to pay off conditioning-wise at BYU. After doing some homework on BYU, we're going to need some quality defense to play with them. There offense (passing game in particular) is starting to worry me. Maybe Reuben Houston becomes the BIG PLAYMAKER like he did so much in high school.

The 3 point line in Vegas sounds right to me. Teams are about even and you get 3 points for being at home.

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
Funny how the Reverend Richt doesn't mention the fact there was an open container in the car! Typical!

Doesn't matter though, the 'MUTT NATION' will be in an uproar about a month from now. Bank on that.

As for us, I'm hoping this HORRIBLE weather (heatwise) is going to pay off conditioning-wise at BYU. After doing some homework on BYU, we're going to need some quality defense to play with them. There offense (passing game in particular) is starting to worry me. Maybe Reuben Houston becomes the BIG PLAYMAKER like he did so much in high school.

The 3 point line in Vegas sounds right to me. Teams are about even and you get 3 points for being at home.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">One empty container? The media has been reporting 6 open containers (and many waiting to be opened).
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Looks like Richt with his "inside" handling of the situation will slowly claim Bowden's nickname, "Saint".

It appears Richt has a sliding scale on punishment depending if you are a starter or not.

All that F$U stuff and Richt was "lily" white. I never believed that and the pressure to win will cause Rix to cut corners just like it did saint Bobby.
lightningzap.gif

Sounds to me like he was being designated driver for a group of friends or family. Which is a good thing.

There is still the question about who's car it was. I would think there is nothing to that or the guy would have been punished more severely by Richt.

It also might be a good idea to get a license next time.
pat.gif

Originally posted by LawBee:
Rix
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You mean Richt right? Rix is the FSU QB.

I happenned to be living in MI when Mateen Cleaves (sp?) took his recruiting trip to U of M. I know he later signed w/ Mich St.

Anyway he got in a wreck with "tractor" trainor driving a brand new 50k+ auto.

If you followed the top recruits of Ugag around you are going to see some top autos.

The BIG downside of top recruiting classes is "ALL" the perks that you have to provide.

The designated driver line is laughable! The guy did not even have a valid drivers license and a FEW open containers.

If Ugag continues to pursue the TOP athlete these little incidents will be common place.

The TOP athletes have been coddled their whole life and have "certain" expectations.

Did anyone seriously expect the Saint to suspend him for even a quarter? Not me, he's like his idol St. Bobby. I was not surprised to read no discipline(sp).

LB, you are correct sir!

If this player had been a reserve
player, the Rev. Ritch would have
benched him. But since he is a
starter they are counting on, no
punishment will be levied upon
him.

In-house punishment, just what the
hell is that? That's a joke just
about like a partial qualifier?

I am even more miffed about that term.

This Righteous Brother is no different
than Saint Bobby!

"TO HELL WITH UGAG & EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR"

face it guys...the things this player got stopped for were very minor. A lane change violation without a blinker? Forgetting his license? Music too loud? The guy wasn't drinking but had empty cans in the car in the with him. If Gailey suspended a player for a game or two because of that, we'd be in a uproar.

no big deal imho. if i can get someone to be DD, ill have open containers on the way to games this year.

wish i knew someone with an escalade i could borrow.

Hey 2 Big Techsticles, love that avatar or should I say avatars.
shocked.gif

Maybe your handle should be 2 Big Hooters!
grin.gif
Just kiddin...

At least someone (GeeTee) is using their head when looking at the facts of this situation.

1) We don't know who's car it is.

2) Does it look suspicious him driving a borrowed car like that? Yes.

3) Could it be completely legit? Yes.

4) Is UGa looking into it? Yes.

5) Is that trustworthy? A matter of opinion.

Let's move on, nothing to see here. Nothing but pure hatred for ugag, but there's nothing to this. Would be pissed off big time if we had the exact same situation and Gailey suspended the player. IMHO, it's makes us look bad to point to this and try to make something out of it.

GATA JACKETS!

Originally posted by kirbee:
1) We don't know who's car it is.

2) Does it look suspicious him driving a borrowed car like that? Yes.

3) Could it be completely legit? Yes.

4) Is UGa looking into it? Yes.

5) Is that trustworthy? A matter of opinion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Amen - In my eyes a sober driver should be forgiven for the misdeeds of those in the car with him. I'd hate to think that anyone who ever picked me up when I was drunk would be chastised on a public message board for doing the right thing.

As for the SUV - who knows where that came from. But if you remove that from the situation, I can't see how we could possibly be talking bad about this kid.

Question is - If he's just a student at UGAg and not a linebacker at UGAg, does he still get the Escalade to drive? That's where the violation will be.

Back