2014 schedule

Is it fair to say that if we lose to Clemson, VPI, UGAg and Miami again, that CPJ will be gone?

EDIT: Isn't his contract up after next season anyway?

Most years it probably makes sense to play a few patsies at the start of the season. But this year it would be to our advantage to start with one of the big teams replacing a quarterback.

In addition, I love the off season buildup when you know you face a big game first. And I think it helps the players stay focused in the off season and the long hot days of early practice.

No, but it gets to the "extend him or you won't be able to recruit anyone" phase.

The current class will get 3 seasons (without a firing/extension) with CPJ (2014-2016). That phase will start after NSD in February as the new class will be down to 2 seasons.

Wouldn't mind opening with VT or Clemson next season.

GA So L
@ Georgia L
@ Tulane W

@VT L
UVA W
Miami L
Duke L
@ NC L
@ Pitt W
@ Syr W
Clemson L

5-7

GA So L
@ Georgia L
@ Tulane W

@VT L
UVA W
Miami L
Duke L
@ NC L
@ Pitt W
@ Syr W
Clemson L

5-7

Actually I think it could get ugly next year as we clearly will be weaker on both lines. I think we beat Duke at home but Pitt away (weather?) could be a problem. I think we play NCS instead of Syr next year.

We aren't great, but we aren't down to Chan levels yet.

You realize we are 1 loss away from missing a bowl in 3 of the last 4 years don't you? That is pretty much at Chan level, possibly worse.

Actually I think it could get ugly next year as we clearly will be weaker on both lines. I think we beat Duke at home but Pitt away (weather?) could be a problem. I think we play NCS instead of Syr next year.

It's hard to improve when you lose 11 starters, especially considering 8 or 9 of those guys are 3-yr starters. And yes losing 6 at the LOS is tough.

Luckily the schedule is soft early, so we'll have some time to ease into things. Hopefully the Tulane game isn't a trap, I read they are opening a new stadium against us

It's hard to improve when you lose 11 starters, especially considering 8 or 9 of those guys are 3-yr starters. And yes losing 6 at the LOS is tough.

Luckily the schedule is soft early, so we'll have some time to ease into things. Hopefully the Tulane game isn't a trap, I read they are opening a new stadium against us

They are also a bowl team now. Definitely a trap game. Hopefully they suck at defending the option, and it's an easy one.

Tulane has one of the worst offenses in the country. 104 in passing and 102 in rushing. I'm not afraid of Tulane. (or Southern for that matter.)

Tulane has one of the worst offenses in the country. 104 in passing and 102 in rushing. I'm not afraid of Tulane. (or Southern for that matter.)

You shouldn't be afraid, and we should win. But we've lost to shhtty teams early in the year before, so anything is possible.

You shouldn't be afraid, and we should win. But we've lost to shhtty teams early in the year before, so anything is possible.

You referring to MTSU? That was in October after the second heart breaking loss of the year.

Back