2016 BTC Market Transaction Thread - Week 1

Due to an emerging security risk, trading has been halted. More details to follow.

So here's the deal. I was mowing the lawn, pondering various ways to master the BTC market, I realize that someone could simply offer to sell 1 share for $1 or something, and crash the market.

After additional thought, I am modifying the rules so that a trade price must be within 10% of the current market price. That doesn't violate any of the trades so far. That way, if the price is $100, the trades must occur between $90 and $110. After a trade at $90, future trades must be between $81 and $99, etc.

That way, the market can move, but more realistically.

So here's the deal. I was mowing the lawn, pondering various ways to master the BTC market, I realize that someone could simply offer to sell 1 share for $1 or something, and crash the market.

After additional thought, I am modifying the rules so that a trade price must be within 10% of the current market price. That doesn't violate any of the trades so far. That way, if the price is $100, the trades must occur between $90 and $110. After a trade at $90, future trades must be between $81 and $99, etc.

That way, the market can move, but more realistically.

What is stopping you and I from trading some Google stock for $1 in real life right now, I wonder?

What is stopping you and I from trading some Google stock for $1 in real life right now, I wonder?

If we traded Google stock for a buck, the market price of it wouldn't drop to a buck.

If we traded Google stock for a buck, the market price of it wouldn't drop to a buck.

Why not? Closing price is typically the spot price of the final trade of the day. If we timed it well enough, the ticker would say a dollar wouldn't it?

The market's not gonna crash if someone decides to sell it for a $1. If that's the value of butthurt to people that's where it will trade. The more regulations you put on this, the less fun it becomes.

Seems like right now is about the lowest price all season assuming we don't win mnc

Seems like right now is about the lowest price all season assuming we don't win mnc

If we win it will go down so not the lowest I wouldn't think. If it is the lowest now then we are in for a long season.

If i can't watch the game on tv, should I sell all of my Butthurt now, so In case we lose people more effected than me will have them?

Back