2017 CFB Rankings Countdown

How about the rebranding of La.-Lafayette as Louisiana? When did this happen? Who approved it? Surely this requires some legislative action? How does ULM feel about it?

I don't like it. I fear change.

No. 86 Purdue
No. 87 Northern Illinois
No. 88 Georgia Southern
No. 89 Marshall
No. 90 Eastern Michigan
No. 91 FIU
No. 92 Virginia
No. 93 Rutgers
No. 94 Colorado State

Our first opponent is on the board, with Virginia ranked at 92. Good ol' GSU hangin out down there as well.

As an aside, I think Purdue will be way better than 86 this year. Brohm is an offense maniac.

No. 79 Western Michigan
No. 80 Oregon State
No. 81 Southern Miss
No. 82 Pittsburgh
No. 83 UTSA
No. 84 Nevada
No. 85 Duke
No. 86 Purdue
No. 87 Northern Illinois
No. 88 Georgia Southern
No. 89 Marshall
No. 90 Eastern Michigan
No. 91 FIU

Two more coastal opponents on the board in Duke and Pitt. Pitt seems a bit underrated here. :lol:

No. 79 Western Michigan
No. 80 Oregon State
No. 81 Southern Miss
No. 82 Pittsburgh
No. 83 UTSA
No. 84 Nevada
No. 85 Duke
No. 86 Purdue
No. 87 Northern Illinois
No. 88 Georgia Southern
No. 89 Marshall
No. 90 Eastern Michigan
No. 91 FIU

Two more coastal opponents on the board in Duke and Pitt. Pitt seems a bit underrated here. :lol:
What could possibly justify Pitt's ranking being THAT low?!?

The only thing I figure is them being expected to lose to Miami, GT, Penn State, Oklahoma State. They don't have Clemson or Fsu. The rest of the schedule is winnable.

"Pitt will have to replace its starting quarterback, running back and offensive coordinator Matt Canada, who left for the same post at LSU."

That would be Peterman (QB) and Conner (RB), plus three more lost starters on offense (two linemen and a TE) and seven on defense (both DTs, a DE, two LBs, and 2 DBs).

"Pitt will have to replace its starting quarterback, running back and offensive coordinator Matt Canada, who left for the same post at LSU."

That would be Peterman (QB) and Conner (RB), plus three more lost starters on offense (two linemen and a TE) and seven on defense (both DTs, a DE, two LBs, and 2 DBs).
Head coach is solid.

It's a lot, but is there any circumstance under which that makes them less good than Southern Miss? They went 4-4 in CUSA last year and they are on their third head coach in the last 4 years. It's a pretty bad ranking for Pitt no matter how you slice it.

Welp, if you subscribe to the scalar transitive ranking theory, Orlando Sentinel has picked us to win 4 games this season (3-5 in the Coastal) and contend for our division. It's going to be a wild ass Coastal ride!

They had us 55 going into 2014, 22 headed into 2015, and 74 for last year

Somebody want to do an R^2 analysis on OS rankings compared to final CFP/AP/Coaches' ranking?

Somebody want to do an R^2 analysis on OS rankings compared to final CFP/AP/Coaches' ranking?

I've already crunched the numbers for preseason to post-season and grouped by conference. You saw that right?

Back