2018 Offensive Unit Projections

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
Better than a Rowe Bowl with a loss to uga!
Killiboy, the offensive projection is the contract extension for Chan like performance (& the beat down of the mutts is wishful rose colored glasses)

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Did not realize the college players we go up against have TEN years of experience defending our option attack!
Not necessarily the specific players but the coaches and the organizations and the library of historic data they have accumulated on film/video over that time. You know people do pass along knowledge in some families, even the incestuous bastards in Athens.

Go Jackets!

Last edited:

GSUsTALON

Flats Noob
I do believe that with now a decade of going against Coach Johnson's offense, that several ACC teams and UGA have become very adept at defending against it. I know the old adage of, "if you block and execute properly, no defense can stop any offense", but I think teams do glean knowledge over time in how to defend certain offenses. They take queues from formation, motion, personnel and anticipate what is coming. They become more adept at defending our blocking techniques. So I think it has become more difficult for our offense to be successful as a result of this factor. I would love to see us develop some change of pace or against our tendency plays and incorporate more of that sort of thing into our offense. It seems we run a very similar sort of play on first down 90 plus percent of the time. Here I think we should throw the ball more often with some sort of safe, short pass rather than throwing the long ball. I also would like for us to introduce some different formations with more frequency to confuse our opponents and force them to rethink their defensive strategy. I just think our offense has grown a bit stale and needs some infusion of something new.

Go Jackets!
You can say that about any offense. PJs T-Option is fine, but as in any offense you have to execute. That's both in the running game, & even in a limited passing game.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
You can say that about any offense. PJs T-Option is fine, but as in any offense you have to execute. That's both in the running game, & even in a limited passing game.
Facing a strong DL makes almost any offense look bad