2018 Preseason Probability Poll Results

M

Member 6626

The respect and adoration of the Stingtalkers that would be impressed that you picked us to lose to USF and Pitt.
To think some asshole wanted to make a whiskey bet with me.... I didn’t want a bottle of whiskey.

I guess we should have done a good old fashioned StingTalk piss bet.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
OP updated for Game 3 results:

Our Game 3 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.650. The total expected win value is now 6.320.

Now that we are in Week 3, I'll post the current prediction leaders. In a couple of weeks I'll add in the modified measures we discussed in the pre-season discussion thread. For the measure below, a vote of higher than 0.5 represents a predicted win, and 0.5 or lower a loss.

We've currently got a set of perfect prognosticators sitting at 3-0.

@GT18YJjr.
@GTBJW
@ee8384
@RamblinWreck92
@Diseqc

Congrats, I guess.
Hurts to be this smart.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
OP updated for Game 4 results:

Our Game 4 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.316. The total expected win value is now 6.004.

We've currently got a set of perfect prognosticators sitting at 4-0.

@GT18YJjr.
@GTBJW
@ee8384
@RamblinWreck92
@Diseqc

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
To think some asshole wanted to make a whiskey bet with me.... I didn’t want a bottle of whiskey.

I guess we should have done a good old fashioned StingTalk piss bet.
In my defense I thought we would win. And I would have made good on the bet. But you pussied out.

M

Member 6626

In my defense I thought we would win. And I would have made good on the bet. But you pussied out.
That’s good that you aren’t a welcher. I just had no interest in bourbon or whiskey. Can we bet vodka next time?

coit

OP updated for Game 5 results:

Our Game 5 win has increased the expected win total by 0.173. The total expected win value is now 6.177.

We've currently got a set of perfect prognosticators sitting at 5-0.

@GT18YJjr.
@GTBJW
@ee8384
@RamblinWreck92
@Diseqc[/QUOTE]

This week could be see this set of 5 drop to 4 with a loss to Louisville, or see @RamblinWreck92 be the only picker at 6-0 with a victory on Friday night!

Diseqc

Dodd-Like

Our Game 5 win has increased the expected win total by 0.173. The total expected win value is now 6.177.

@GT18YJjr.
@GTBJW
@ee8384
@RamblinWreck92
@Diseqc
This week could be see this set of 5 drop to 4 with a loss to Louisville, or see @RamblinWreck92 be the only picker at 6-0 with a victory on Friday night!
Do any of the rest of us diverge at some point?

coit

Do any of the rest of us diverge at some point?

@GT18YJjr. -- 4 remaining wins
@GTBJW -- 3 remaining wins
@ee8384 -- 2 remaining wins
@RamblinWreck92 -- 3 remaining wins
@Diseqc -- 0 remaining wins (asshole)

GTBJW and RW92 have different games picked for wins, so there should be some clearing up occurring. And of course it is likely that some of the folks that are 4-1 currently catch and surpass you folks since it isn't likely that any of you will stay perfect. Especially you.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
@GT18YJjr. -- 4 remaining wins
@GTBJW -- 3 remaining wins
@ee8384 -- 2 remaining wins
@RamblinWreck92 -- 3 remaining wins
@Diseqc -- 0 remaining wins (asshole)

GTBJW and RW92 have different games picked for wins, so there should be some clearing up occurring. And of course it is likely that some of the folks that are 4-1 currently catch and surpass you folks since it isn't likely that any of you will stay perfect. Especially you.
Like I’ve said, my intellect is both a blessing and a curse.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like

@GT18YJjr.
@GTBJW
@ee8384
@RamblinWreck92
@Diseqc

GT 41
Petrinoville 27

My praises shall be sung from the rooftops!

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
You could have won a lot of money these first six games. Just sayin
Meh, picking ATS is a bit different from just straight-up-wins, like this poll is asking for. I would've won tonight but would've almost surely lost the USF and PITT games.

not that I condone such sinful, illegal, sordid activities like gambling. No sirree.

coit

OP updated for Game 6 results:

Our Game 6 win has increased the expected win total by 0.428. The total expected win value is now 6.605.

As indicated after last week, a win vs Louisville has decimated the field, leaving only @RamblinWreck92 with a perfect record, now at 6-0! For all of his incessant whining, kudos to him for predicting a victory vs Louisville!

There’s still a group hanging back at 5-1, larger now with those that also predicted a victory this week.