2020 Recruiting

This may turn out to not be the case, but I think that playing both ways may have been a little media fluffery in year 0 due to perceived lack a depth along the lines with using JLee, and it being spun as a positive and not a negative. I don't expect to see a ton of two way play moving forward unless its a percy harvin/ted ginn all american type or for one-off gadget plays or for goal line. Playing someone 25 snaps at TE and 25 snaps at DE/LB seems like a good way to get non-max production at both. I bet even for next year JLee (if he returns) settles into the OL full time again now that we have a year of reps with the current DT's...

I agree with all this, except I think Lee will be a DT unless we get two strong commits already at 290 lbs+ to close the class.

If i were CGC I’d hold at least 2/3 spots for transfers every year. Too many atl studs going around the country with an easy out for a waiver at Tech.

yeah its not a bad concept. I think we are so early in rebuild mode he wants to get as many true recruits into his system now and from day 1 before using that transfer model to supplement.

with that said. He will turn this roster over fast. Ships will come available. Kids will in one way or another leave or get processed or whatever u want to call it. So we will have room for those transfers i feel yearly anyway

yeah its not a bad concept. I think we are so early in rebuild mode he wants to get as many true recruits into his system now and from day 1 before using that transfer model to supplement.

with that said. He will turn this roster over fast. Ships will come available. Kids will in one way or another leave or get processed or whatever u want to call it. So we will have room for those transfers i feel yearly anyway
Right now, the transfers will allow us to balance the classes and avoid a bubble.

If i were CGC I’d hold at least 2/3 spots for transfers every year. Too many atl studs going around the country with an easy out for a waiver at Tech.
This is Georgia Tech. We don’t get waivers. You’re thinking of Ohio State - or anywhere else but Tech.

This is Georgia Tech. We don’t get waivers. You’re thinking of Ohio State - or anywhere else but Tech.

Haha true. And hopefully that trend doesn’t continue as it could dissuade potential transfers. But you also can apply for the waiver until you transfer to the school. So they’d be coming with the hope that they could get one.

Do we need a Tight End recruit?

I think so but no one is talking about it. We do have 1 but that only gives us 2 scholarship TEs and 1 good PWO Soph.

Someone mentioned Wiggles as a TE, I don't think he fits our "size" for TE, a little short.

Maybe there is a definite plan to add a transfer. I know a couple of our recruits played TE and another position: LB, DE so maybe someone is going to get a shot at TE but that is pure speculation.

giphy.gif

I bet he would take more this year if they were super talented and wanted to come drink the juice. CFB has evolved into signing the max and using the portal.

Back