2020 Recruiting

Jahmyr Gibbs has over 600 yards rushing in 2 games and has looked great wouldn't doubt he gets a bump to 4* by end of the year. I think with him in Griffin in the backfield within a couple of years we will have 2 top-end running backs in the ACC very soon both of these guys are great one-cut running backs who separate in space.
Jordan Mason is going to put up big numbers this year if we can get any semblance of a passing game. That should drive more big RB recruits this way.

Jordan Mason is going to put up big numbers this year if we can get any semblance of a passing game. That should drive more big RB recruits this way.
I suspect Griffin will not be red-shirted and still expect him to get regular chances as a freshman as year goes on as well so I feel Mason has ability to get 1000 yards Griffin and others will get opportunities so yeah I agree Running backs will be able to find a home here I'm just generally excited about having Griffin and Gibbs here over next few years to develop in tandem.

My daughter went to the Tennessee game. She said Pruitt is done. Toast. Finished. Fans were getting torches, pitchforks, tar, feathers, and a rail.

Oh man. I need another UT coaching search in my life again soon.

Has to start with offering Leach everything he demands. Otherwise....buckle up for safety b/c it'll be a wild ööööshow.
They could offer Kyle wittingham. Very underrated and unsung coach. Biggest unknown is how he'd do out of the state of Utah...worked well for urban.

Has to start with offering Leach everything he demands. Otherwise....buckle up for safety b/c it'll be a wild ööööshow.

Leach has worked well at Outpost type of programs that never were gonna recruit well anyway

How would Leach play in the SEC, recrootin against Jimbo, Kirby, Saban, Orgeron, Mullins, Dabo et al

Leach has worked well at Outpost type of programs that never were gonna recruit well anyway

How would Leach play in the SEC, recrootin against Jimbo, Kirby, Saban, Orgeron, Mullins, Dabo et al

Are you kidding? QBs and WRs would be begging to play for him.

His offenses put up video game passing stats. That would nullify any accusations of being gimmicky. Plus, didn't Kingsbury get an NFL job? This is the golden hour of the Air Raid offenses. He would do fine.

After being OC at Oklahoma, he raised a never benn TT program to #3 in the nation. At WSU, he took a hut or miss program and made it a top 25 program. He hasn’t won his division yet, but WSU hasn’t done that without a first round draft pick, iirc.

Leach would do well at UT. The rest of the SEC should subside him. An air raid school is as likely to not to beat Saban. Especially, if Leach promises ti go hurry up on Saban.

I suspect Griffin will not be red-shirted and still expect him to get regular chances as a freshman as year goes on as well so I feel Mason has ability to get 1000 yards Griffin and others will get opportunities so yeah I agree Running backs will be able to find a home here I'm just generally excited about having Griffin and Gibbs here over next few years to develop in tandem.

Unless we absolutely need them immediately, it is better for the player and the program to redshirt.

Unless we absolutely need them immediately, it is better for the player and the program to redshirt.
Ohh I agree but considering he got on the field for first game of year against Clemson and played in a game which we ultimately had no real chance in and we burnt 1 of the 4 games he can play in and maintain redshirt for 2 carries. I would suspect that the expectation will be that he plays this year.

Ohh I agree but considering he got on the field for first game of year against Clemson and played in a game which we ultimately had no real chance in and we burnt 1 of the 4 games he can play in and maintain redshirt for 2 carries. I would suspect that the expectation will be that he plays this year.

For Griffin, yes. I could see that. For Gibbs, it would be best to redshirt him if possible

After being OC at Oklahoma, he raised a never benn TT program to #3 in the nation. At WSU, he took a hut or miss program and made it a top 25 program. He hasn’t won his division yet, but WSU hasn’t done that without a first round draft pick, iirc.

Leach would do well at UT. The rest of the SEC should subside him. An air raid school is as likely to not to beat Saban. Especially, if Leach promises ti go hurry up on Saban.
Depends on what talent they have at quarterback. Ole miss comes to mind.

Not necessarily true. If we don't "need" them this year, but will need them next year due to departures, weak position groups, etc....then game reps are critical. With the current state of our program, I would say getting these young guys up to their potential quickly is extremely important. We need this team playing well to give this coaching staff momentum. They have proven they can attract recruits and restock the cupboard. I say let the kids play if it makes the program better in the next 2-3 years. Can't get fixated on their potential RS SR year at this point.

That's an outdated way of thinking back when we were bringing in mediocre Recruits

Under CGC we'll bring in better Recruits that don't require massive RS'ing, these guys will have the JUICE to play right away

Mind rite

Back