2020 Recruiting

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
So watching the visits come and go, I've seen some general chatter that seems to say that there's not really much motivation for highly ranked recruits to commit right now. Well when should we expect that? If you're the recruiting coordinator, when do you start pushing guys lower on the big board to commit?
if we don't have movement from a few guys high on the board by the time spring camp is over, then we will open up the offers. but I don't really think our staff is just in the dark with most of these guys. when they start offering other guys and filling spots that were being held, you can kinda assume that that recruit is heading somewhere else.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
It will take a few classes for the staff to get the highly recruited guys motivated to sign here first. GT isn’t already a recruiting giant where a new coach comes in and heats things up. It will take some time to get the new brand and recruiting process working. Winning games will be huge. Getting better with every class will also be a good sign whether it is working or not.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
It will take a few classes for the staff to get the highly recruited guys motivated to sign here first. GT isn’t already a recruiting giant where a new coach comes in and heats things up. It will take some time to get the new brand and recruiting process working. Winning games will be huge. Getting better with every class will also be a good sign whether it is working or not.
So, basically, the juice is actually sugar water.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
They have a Golden Corral, so there's that ...
There used to be a catfish restaurant outside of town and it may still be there. It had the unfortunate name Cock of the Walk. The wait staff would throw cornbread at you. Also, you had to eat off a tin plate and drink out of a tin cup. The food was pretty good as far as I can remember.

/csb

Last edited:

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
There used to be a catfish restaurant outside of town and it may still be there. It had the unfortunate name Cock of the Walk. The wait staff would throw cornbread at you. Also, you had to eat off a tin plate and drink out of a tin cup. The food was pretty good as far as I can remember.

/csb
I've been to the one in Nashville, it's a Natchez Trace thing I guess. I was so happy the director of our TN operations took us to a catfish place. It's the "seafood" I grew up on.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I've been to the one in Nashville, it's a Natchez Trace thing I guess. I was so happy the director of our TN operations took us to a catfish place. It's the "seafood" I grew up on.
In Natchez, every restaurant had fried catfish. The diner even had fried catfish. And it was always good.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Nashville has multiple good catfish restaurants. Sportman's Grille and Uncle Bud's also have excellent catfish. I just wish we had a Varsity. We are blessed with Waffle House locations at most interstate exits.

Riverbend Restaurant in Thomaston, GA is one of my favorite places to eat catfish.

Top O’ the River in Anniston, AL is another favorite.

Last edited:

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
Angies in Thomson has good catfish, quail, frog legs, and shrimp. @Architorture23 have you been to Angies?

I miss Neal's BBQ in Harlem, those catfish and hush puppies are still thd best I've ever had.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Angies in Thomson has good catfish, quail, frog legs, and shrimp. @Architorture23 have you been to Angies?

I miss Neal's BBQ in Harlem, those catfish and hush puppies are still thd best I've ever had.
I've had Angie's a few times and it's always been good. Raley's in Mitchell and Clark's Mill Restaurant near Louisville used to have some of the best catfish around. Clark's Mill isn't open anymore, and I haven't been to Raley's in a while but I've heard it isn't as good as it used to be.