2020 Recruiting

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I would be more worried about whether the coaches are straight forward, honest, sincere, themselves. So far the indications are that they are.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Recent Alabama de-commit.
TE? He's listed as an ATH at 6'4"/220. Here's a quip from an article on his decommitment:

247 said:
"Similar to Sanders, Gadsden (Ala.) City four-star athlete De'Rickey Wright is very interesting. Who doesn’t love 6-foot-4, 220-pounds with an 86 inch wingspan and the feet of a safety. In this business you’re always scanning for upside and Wright has a ton. A hair slower than (Drew) Sanders but a tad quicker, they have similar profiles from an athleticism standpoint. He also had a dominant junior season including 10 interceptions, 20 touchdowns (eight on defense) playing quarterback, receiver, defensive back and linebacker. Thinking about what he can turn into going through Alabama’s strength program and then being developed as a player, easy to be incredibly intrigued with this prospect."
https://247sports.com/college/alaba...eRickey-Wright-decommits-from-Tide-132937239/

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Wright needs to play WR for us. We have some pretty awesome history with tall receivers here.

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
The way I see it, we will likely be able to recruit at the same level as and compete for recruits with Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St, maybe Auburn, and flip a few from Bama/uga/Auburn every year or two. I dont think we can reasonably reach Clemson/Bama levels of recruiting success, but we should start to be competitive with most of the big southeastern schools. There's zero reason for us not to be anymore - we offer the best education in the best city in the region. We run an NFL style offense and defense. Our facilities are improving by the day.

Our brand is going through some reworking right now but in a couple of years, once the CGC culture officially takes over and the Edge Building reno is complete, we will have the full package. It is only a matter of time at this point. Get some wins this year, aim for a couple of big upsets and recruiting wins in 2020, and the rest will fall into place.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
The way I see it, we will likely be able to recruit at the same level as and compete for recruits with Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St, maybe Auburn, and flip a few from Bama/uga/Auburn every year or two. I dont think we can reasonably reach Clemson/Bama levels of recruiting success, but we should start to be competitive with most of the big southeastern schools. There's zero reason for us not to be anymore - we offer the best education in the best city in the region. We run an NFL style offense and defense. Our facilities are improving by the day.

Our brand is going through some reworking right now but in a couple of years, once the CGC culture officially takes over and the Edge Building reno is complete, we will have the full package. It is only a matter of time at this point. Get some wins this year, aim for a couple of big upsets and recruiting wins in 2020, and the rest will fall into place.
Continued and incremental success leads to better and better classes. We don’t have the luxury or being Alabama out the gate. If CGC can sustain and win on bigger and bigger stages then we will be competing with the big guys for the first run of recruits.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I think the staff is aware of expected attrition that still hasn't been announced yet. We are going to load up, for years to come.
Yes. Given the pace of commitments and continued offers, a class of 25'ish seems very likely. We will want to have a spot or two for February signing or a stud transfer.