2020 Recruiting

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Wing Green Jr.
Looks like a true under the radar guy that we saw in camp this summer and got in early on him. Was a back up OT (on a state championship team) last year but added 60 lbs (!!!) and turned into a 6-7 monster in one year. I really like this commit. Ignore any stars you might see assigned to this unknown quantity because he has huge upside.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Looks like a true under the radar guy that we saw in camp this summer and got in early on him. Was a back up OT (on a state championship team) last year but added 60 lbs (!!!) and turned into a 6-7 monster in one year. I really like this commit. Ignore any stars you might see assigned to this unknown quantity because he has huge upside.
We gotta stop reverting to CPJ era lingo. Juice Juice Juice Juice Juice

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Huge loss if true. Romello was probably the top guy I wanted, he and Jayson Jones. Perhaps this opened the door for Khaya's commit?
I want Romello, too. He was forecast to us a while back, but something changed on his end or ours. Not sure which. Some say we backed off him a bit, but Miami apparently made a big push, too

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Dunno. One of three things.

a) We had these two similarly ranked, and first to commit gets the ship.
b) We preferred Khaya, and Romello had to find a new home.
c) We preferred Romello, but the Bagman Cometh.

Since Khaya pulled the trigger first, and Romello said the thing about sooner than he thought, I don't think c) is it. I personally don't see much football diff between the two, and the eval would come down to talking to the two to see who is more our kind of guy. Either way, we're getting done what we need to get done in this class.

Last edited: