2020 Recruiting

jackitup

Varsity Lurker
I don't understand this comment. Syracuse gets a commit from an unranked Canadian safety this weekend and that is somehow bad for us? To my knowledge we were not after him.

They get to sign people, too. Everyone gets commits.
CB = crystal ball

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I don't understand this comment. Syracuse gets a commit from an unranked Canadian safety this weekend and that is somehow bad for us? To my knowledge we were not after him.

They get to sign people, too. Everyone gets commits.
Yeah, Crystal Ball as in recruiting expert prediction on 247. Rivals calls them futurecasts. Right now, we have 6 of 7 between the two sites including the southeast recruiting coordinator on rivals and the national director on 247. The one FSU intern that predicts Syracuse is on a big limb.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, Crystal Ball as in recruiting expert prediction on 247. Rivals calls them futurecasts. Right now, we have 6 of 7 between the two sites including the southeast recruiting coordinator on rivals and the national director on 247. The one FSU intern that predicts Syracuse is on a big limb.
I'd say its a pretty small limb, he's just way out on it.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
CB = crystal ball
Oh, that.

Don't care.

The reason we are getting CB's now is we are getting commits that matter so they can't ignore us anymore. They wait until it is 90% anyway. The FSU dude is hearing something locally, but it is prolly 2nd or 3rd hand coming from South Florida to a connected FSU person. I'd take the people who have hundreds of CB's and futurecasts over the one that has about 30.

But it is all just hype until the player himself speaks... or Suddes adds a bee.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Oh, that.

Don't care.

The reason we are getting CB's now is we are getting commits that matter so they can't ignore us anymore. They wait until it is 90% anyway. The FSU dude is hearing something locally, but it is prolly 2nd or 3rd hand coming from South Florida to a connected FSU person. I'd take the people who have hundreds of CB's and futurecasts over the one that has about 30.

But it is all just hype until the player himself speaks... or Suddes adds a bee.
But you cared enough to comment on a Canadian DB we weren't after?

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
I'm kinda concerned that we seem to have offered Avery Boyd at WR just a few days ago....makes me wonder which way this commit is going.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
conditional offer? Makes sense because otherwise I would have thought that Boyd would have snapped it up immediately.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Boyd has track speed. I think we would take both. Gowdy at WR, Boyd at Slot.