2020 Recruiting

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I know they've had better seasons than we have the last couple years, but it's perplexing to me to that they seem to think they have the superior program.
They lost Gowdy to us on Tuesday, and Meiga to Penn St this morning. Two of their top WR targets in a span of two days, after one of their best seasons in recent memory.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know too much about their scheme/system, but they seem to be doing what Tech fans did a lot during CPJ's tenure, which was expecting a big recruiting uptick after a single good season and nothing else having changed.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
They lost Gowdy to us on Tuesday, and Meiga to Penn St this morning. Two of their top WR targets in a span of two days, after one of their best seasons in recent memory.
It's really amazing how clueless a handful of them are:

Penn State is obviously offering something to recruits that we are not. I don't think it's Franklin, because PSU has out recruited us long before he came in.

Is it just the expansive fan base? The facilities? Players that have made it in the NFL? (lots of schools can claim that).

I mean this school keeps grabbing players that otherwise have strong interest in Syracuse. And it happens every year. There has to be an area at PSU that is so overwhelmingly appealing that Syracuse falls right off the map when they visit.

This is really going to have to be defined going forward

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I don't know too much about their scheme/system, but they seem to be doing what Tech fans did a lot during CPJ's tenure, which was expecting a big recruiting uptick after a single good season and nothing else having changed.
Bingo. And I'd say it's worse for them, since they're not in a recruiting hotbed and don't have a great deal of history.

nytech

Varsity Lurker
I grew up near Syracuse and was a fan until I came to Tech. Summers are pleasant there, the autumns are beautiful, but the winters are just God-awful.
8 to 10 feet of snow, sub-zero temperatures, wind chills to 20 below. On top of that the area is an economic basket case. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
But don't be too hard on Syracuse fans, SU sports are about all they've got up there.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I would love to see another DL or two, particularly on the interior...but otherwise we seem to be loading up nicely.