2021 Preseason Probability Poll Results

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
OP updated for Game 9 results.

Our Game 9 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.440. The total expected win value is now 4.335 wins.

coit

OP updated for Game 10 results.

Our Game 10 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.604. The total expected win value is now 3.731 wins.

With just 2 games left, the race for the Stingtalk PPP championship is narrowing down.

For basic prediction accuracy, quite a few now have an 8-2 record with a large number bringing up the rear at 3-7, not surprisingly at this point.

Here's a list of top prognosticators for the other scoring methods:

TIA Scoring: @cbee, @FHstinger, @WracerX (looks like picking us to lose every game was a solid strategy as compared to the field)

GoGATech Scoring: @WracerX, @cbee, @BainbridgeJacket

GoGaTech Raw Score: @WracerX, @1982Jacket, @BainbridgeJacket

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I don’t think I picked us to lose every game. I think I had us favored in NIU, KSU, and Duke. NIU is he one that is probably killing me.

DawgHater13

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Anyone looked at the 2022 schedule? From where I’m sitting it looks like a 2-10.. possibly 1-11 year.

whoever makes our schedule should probably know that we need more cupcakes like the citadel and NIU.. not so much UCF, ND, Ole Miss, Clemson, etc.

coit

Anyone looked at the 2022 schedule? From where I’m sitting it looks like a 2-10.. possibly 1-11 year.

whoever makes our schedule should probably know that we need more cupcakes like the citadel and NIU.. not so much UCF, ND, Ole Miss, Clemson, etc.
Our schedule is Elite and Effort-Based. We schedule at a High Level.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
UCF is hovering around ’fire the coach’ level. Ole Miss can score, but that is about it. That plays into our hands, because our defense is going to give up 500 yards regardless. We just pray for turnovers.

Clemson may or may not get better. Probably not until they switch QBs.

The coastal could have 3-5 new coaches next year.

That isn’t exactly murderers row to deal with.

coit

OP updated for Game 11 results.

Our Game 11 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.346. The total expected win value is now 3.385 wins.

With just 1 game left, the race for the Stingtalk PPP championship has a clear leader.

For basic prediction accuracy, a large number of you have a 9-2 record, and there won't be a clear winner there.

TIA Scoring: @cbee, @FHstinger, @WracerX/@BainbridgeJacket (3rd place tie)

GoGaTech Raw Score: @WracerX/@BainbridgeJacket (1st place tie), @Tshirt Man

For the overall championship, I'm looking at assigning points to each of the three categories, 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. With that scoring, the standings are currently:

1st place: @WracerX - 7 points
2nd place tie: @cbee and @BainbridgeJacket - 5 points

Each of you selected a 0.1 probability for the final game, so it looks like our 2021 Champion will be @WracerX!

Last edited:

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
OP updated for Game 11 results.

Our Game 11 loss has decreased the expected win total by 0.346. The total expected win value is now 3.385 wins.

With just 1 game left, the race for the Stingtalk PPP championship has a clear leader.

For basic prediction accuracy, a large number of you have a 9-2 record, and there won't be a clear winner there.

TIA Scoring: @cbee, @FHstinger, @WracerX/@BainbridgeJacket (3rd place tie)

GoGaTech Raw Score: @WracerX/@BainbridgeJacket (1st place tie), @Tshirt Man

For the overall championship, I'm looking at assigning points to each of the three categories, 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. With that scoring, the standings are currently:

1st place: @WracerX - 7 points
2nd place tie: @cbee and @BainbridgeJacket - 5 points

Each of you selected a 0.1 probability for the final game, so it looks like our 2021 Champion will be @WracerX!
[/QUOTE]

I will gladly trade the crown for a win on Saturday.