2021 Recruiting

The coaching hires around Dabo have been a bigger reason behind his success.

Dabo is a laser-focused recruiter who was so-so as a position coach. But he recruits very well and surrounded himself with coordinators who can do X's and O's. Nick Saban is similar - he got his tail kicked with the thin talent gap of the NFL, but in college he can win by overloading on talent with his recruiting skill, and he hires good coordinators to develop the game plans.

It's the exact opposite of CPJ. He was absolutely brilliant, but focused on his offensive scheme to the detriment of recruiting.

I think we're on track to duplicate the winning formula, sans PNode.

giphy.gif

Ring the BELL!!

Facility upgrades came after success
Nope. Natty's came after facilities upgrades. Clemson has always been a good ACC team. They elevated above just being a good ACC team with facilities

I can’t believe Dabo has become an actual success story. That guy is so genuinely weird.

Dabo is weird in absolutely no way.

He is exactly who he appears to be - honest, unpretentious, straight talker, down to earth, aware of his +/-, strong in his faith and kids know that.

I just , personally, do not consider that weird.

Dabo is a laser-focused recruiter who was so-so as a position coach. But he recruits very well and surrounded himself with coordinators who can do X's and O's. Nick Saban is similar - he got his tail kicked with the thin talent gap of the NFL, but in college he can win by overloading on talent with his recruiting skill, and he hires good coordinators to develop the game plans.

It's the exact opposite of CPJ. He was absolutely brilliant, but focused on his offensive scheme to the detriment of recruiting.

I think we're on track to duplicate the winning formula, sans PNode.
Why do you keep bringing up Johnson? He lost most of his games against coaches who had seen his crap, or had time to prepare. That is not brilliance. That is mediocrity with a twist... AND he could not recruit.

Complaining about or defending our previous coaches does not accomplish anything in the end. Our previous AD's and school presidents have been our primary problem not our coaches.

I think we have a good coach and a good AD who care about Tech now. I believe we finally have a president who cares about Georgia Tech and our athletic programs. Our football program is headed up.

Complaining about or defending our previous coaches does not accomplish anything in the end. Our previous AD's and school presidents have been our primary problem not our coaches.

I think we have a good coach and a good AD who care about Tech now. I believe we finally have a president who cares about Georgia Tech and our athletic programs. Our football program is headed up.
I keep getting asked why I bring up Johnson, when I rarely do. So when someone brings him up and gives an opinion that I have PROVEN is false, I tend to stand up and be heard.

I am really tired of hearing he's a genius when he is only an asshole with a gimmick. He set our program back ten years and we are just now digging ourselves out.

Quick. Someone bring up Gailey, and lets see the torrent of abuse. Which will go unanswered by the "Hey. Let's not dredge up old coaches" crowd.

Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites.

Last edited:
Rivals futurecasts coming in for Peery too. Louisville, Vandy, Boise St are the main competitors. 6'3" and slings it. Would be a good get. 3,400, 24 to 1 TD/INT ratio as a junior. 8,000 yards and 50 tds in his HS career. 15th ranked prostyle qb in the country.

Last edited:
Rumors on another site about a FL 4* WR also might be committing to us soon. QB, WR and Leftwich. Could be a nice memorial weekend, even if the weather doesn't pan out.

Back