2021 Recruiting

Dabo is a fine coach who people want to stubbornly underestimate because of his speaking style and the fact that, God (Saban) forbid, he makes football fun. Now get that clown out of our 'crootin thread. :)

upload_2020-5-21_19-34-56.gif

I've had this feeling all day that something... something BIG is going down. And its gonna be BIG. And its going down in the 404.

Sorry if this is going over my head, but isn’t this likely the commit we were all expecting today?

Sorry if this is going over my head, but isn’t this likely the commit we were all expecting today?
Probably Leftwich today. But sounds like Peery could be this weekend, as well.

I keep getting asked why I bring up Johnson, when I rarely do. So when someone brings him up and gives an opinion that I have PROVEN is false, I tend to stand up and be heard.

I am really tired of hearing he's a genius when he is only an asshole with a gimmick. He set our program back ten years and we are just now digging ourselves out.

Quick. Someone bring up Gailey, and lets see the torrent of abuse. Which will go unanswered by the "Hey. Let's not dredge up old coaches" crowd.

Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites.

My only regret is that I have but one big cry to give. Quit douching up the recruiting thread.

Peery film looks like he’s got a great arm and accuracy, but didn’t see any designed runs. Which is interesting considering the other QBs Patenaude has showed interest in and the role the zone read has played in his offensive philosophy. He did have some scrambles that looked passable.

Not overly impressed with Leftwich’s film. Doesn’t look like he moves that well tbh - looks stiff. Kind of the opposite of Biggers who moves ridiculously well for his size. But I figure Key likes what he sees to take him in the front half of the cycle.

My only regret is that I have but one big cry to give. Quit douching up the recruiting thread.

Peery film looks like he’s got a great arm and accuracy, but didn’t see any designed runs. Which is interesting considering the other QBs Patenaude has showed interest in and the role the zone read has played in his offensive philosophy. He did have some scrambles that looked passable.

Not overly impressed with Leftwich’s film. Doesn’t look like he moves that well tbh - looks stiff. Kind of the opposite of Biggers who moves ridiculously well for his size. But I figure Key likes what he sees to take him in the front half of the cycle.

Temple qb was a statue. I think our pholosophy is definitely best QB that we can get and then fit the playcalling to him. The only preference I see is he likes height in his qbs.

On Leftwich, what you reference may be what keeps him a mid 3 star, but that's a very nice offer sheet, and 6'6" 310 in our own backyard has got to be an automatic take until we are pulling in 4 star OL on the regular.

Last edited:
Looks like we might not be done today.

Blackburn??? (Based in the tweet - same HS as Leftwich)

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/leo-blackburn-255403#school-interests

If so, the experts aren't aware of it yet, as he just got some crystal balls to Illinois. Could be a last minute development that we gave Blackburn the go ahead? Chayden Peery is doing an instagram interview tonight, though, so it may be him.

Lets analyze the gif. I dunno what it's from, but there is a *burn* theme so you may have it.

Edit: we just got 3 futurecasts for Blackburn, so you got it.

Last edited:
If so, the experts aren't aware of it yet, as he just got some crystal balls to Illinois. Could be a last minute development that we gave Blackburn the go ahead? Chayden Peery is doing an instagram interview tonight, though, so it may be him.

Lets analyze the gif. I dunno what it's from, but there is a *burn* theme so you may have it.

Edit: we just got 3 futurecasts for Blackburn, so you got it.

Yeah the fire is what made me thing Leo. He’d be my favorite of the 3 or 4 commits we have in the class (4 if both the slots end up on offense). Not sure if theyd push him inside to TE tho.

Back