2021 Recruiting

At Rivals, not at Scout.com which became 247.

CJ.JPG

It's been suggested before that they retroactively added that 5th star. Kinda splitting hairs, as he was obviously 5 star quality.

Also note that Antonneous Clayton was a rivals 5 star coming out of high school. (4 star on 247 and 247 composite). Obviously, it wasn't quite the same getting him as a transfer after injuries and lack of production, but we can count it.

Best of luck to him. Never like seeing decommits, but I'm encouraged that most of the ones who've done so under Collins don't appear to be guys who have the most loaded offer lists. (That's not meant as a shot on the kid, who has a handful of solid offers.)

Note:
30 minutes separated Gavin Barthiel's decommit and the Suddes tweet foreshadowing Kevin Harris.
45 minutes separated Makius Scott's commit and Eli RIchey's decommit tweets.

I think this signals we're at capacity and 2021 may be done without further attrition, or perhaps silent commits. @Architorture23 amirite?
I mean, yes we need attrition, but there will be plenty of attrition. Barthiel and Richey were not pushed out by these transfers. They each issues of their own as to why they're not coming to GT.

Man, I hate losing Richey! I really liked what I think he can become.

Have to trust the staff. Welcome, Makius!

Calvin was about as high of a 4 star as you can get and most people thought it was crazy that he wasn't a 5 star across the board.

I think the debate was really if he should have been the highest ranked WR or not.

So Calvin was a very highly ranked player, no reason to act like it didn't happen.

Clayton is in the same ball park but clearly isn't the player Calvin was.

Gibbs is a little lower rated but he is showing that he likely deserved to be higher but RB is a super competitive position.

How about Donnie Davis? I think he was Top 3 QB in the nation (maybe 2 or 1st) That typically gets you 5 stars but maybe he was just a high 4 star.

Calvin was about as high of a 4 star as you can get and most people thought it was crazy that he wasn't a 5 star across the board.

I think the debate was really if he should have been the highest ranked WR or not.

So Calvin was a very highly ranked player, no reason to act like it didn't happen.

Clayton is in the same ball park but clearly isn't the player Calvin was.

Gibbs is a little lower rated but he is showing that he likely deserved to be higher but RB is a super competitive position.

How about Donnie Davis? I think he was Top 3 QB in the nation (maybe 2 or 1st) That typically gets you 5 stars but maybe he was just a high 4 star.

Hobie Holliday.

Note:
30 minutes separated Gavin Barthiel's decommit and the Suddes tweet foreshadowing Kevin Harris.
45 minutes separated Makius Scott's commit and Eli RIchey's decommit tweets.

I think this signals we're at capacity and 2021 may be done without further attrition, or perhaps silent commits. @Architorture23 amirite?
No. Both decommits were going to happen anyway. They may have made taking the flips easier but don’t think it was a 1-1 kind of deal.

To be honest, I had rather fill both lines with transfers. Bigger and mature.
No, because years in program = years being taught the right way. Rotating though transfers = guys not in synch and not smooth in our offense.

I want the stability that would allow players to learn for 3 years on the OL and play for 2. Give or take due to natural ability but averaging that.

Back