2021 Recruiting

I'd be shocked, but one thing that's true is that talent attracts talent. So when players the caliber of Gibbs, Watson, Harris come here and guys like Morris and Alston are considering us, we become an option.

My spidey senses say Arik Gilbert to Atlanta. I have a bag of loose change and few singles to drop off his doorstep to ensure this happens. Just doing my part.

May as well just say Marietta is Chattanooga or that Chattanooga is Knoxville. Athens is not close to Marietta. Try to drive to the ööööhole of Athens and back on gameday. 316 may be the absolute worst highway in the state.

The secret is to take 85 north and go in through Jefferson

I’ll keep posting in this and I keep clicking on it thinking it’s news dammit
My dad went to Marietta High School (until Sprayberry opened)
My uncle Jeff went to Marietta High School
My uncle Grady went to Marietta High School
My grandmother went to Marietta High School (all state in girls basketball in the 1930's)
That ought to be good for something
If you look at our transfers, we have Mississippi State, Alabama, LSU (hopefully), Texas, and South Carolina. That spells MALTS. Who loves malts? I do.

It is going to happen

Not only that, we have Brown's speed coming back on the outside. So Sims at QB, Gibbs RB, bring in Gilbert, Brown stretching the field.....bigger OL in the works, defense is looking better every game and adding depth. Our staff is doing a hell of a job

Leo Blackburn is going to end up being a giant player for us according to some folks that coach footbaw. Don't forget about him!

No, because years in program = years being taught the right way. Rotating though transfers = guys not in synch and not smooth in our offense.

I want the stability that would allow players to learn for 3 years on the OL and play for 2. Give or take due to natural ability but averaging that.
The transfers coming in with four years of eligibility remaining should be almost as good as high school recruits.

The transfers coming in with four years of eligibility remaining should be almost as good as high school recruits.
Which is different from the plan I was responding to.

It is as if we are using the portal... to give kids outs from their LOI commitments! "Go there. Give them a try. Remember us. We love you."

There is no P5 school closer to Marietta than Tech. It's a 20-minute drive, a world-class education stuffed with Fortune 500 business connections, and the home of Calvin Johnson to whom Gilbert has been compared. I hope our staff are in full-court-press on this.

There is no P5 school closer to Marietta than Tech. It's a 20-minute drive, a world-class education stuffed with Fortune 500 business connections, and the home of Calvin Johnson to whom Gilbert has been compared. I hope our staff are in full-court-press on this.
Had he officially entered the portal?

Back