2021 Recruiting

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Who is recruiting Branden for us... I mean other than Sims?

Watching Jeff dismantle FSU in Game 1 as a TrF just might have helped us... that, and the Woman's College dumpster fire. He will have all the opportunity he could ask for here.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Is Watson eligible to play immediately?
If you mean this year, no. He’s completing the semester at UT online from home in GA I believe. He’ll have to submit a waiver for next year but I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t get it. COVID year and moving back home.

And assuming they actually treat this as a free year he should have 4 seasons left to play (After RSing in 2019).

ricejacket

Damn Good Rat
If you mean this year, no. He’s completing the semester at UT online from home in GA I believe. He’ll have to submit a waiver for next year but I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t get it. COVID year and moving back home.

And assuming they actually treat this as a free year he should have 4 seasons left to play (After RSing in 2019).
You're imaging way too much sensibility from the NCAA

gtrower

Dodd-Like
You're imaging way too much sensibility from the NCAA
He’s moving from 900 miles away from home in Austin to 30 miles away from home in Atlanta during a pandemic. I imagine lawsuits would come into play if the NCAA tried to deny that waiver.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I realize the ncaa is dragging its feet on granting the one time freebie to everyone. But I'd be shocked if Watson didn't get one, regardless. Any other year, who knows, but he mentions in the rivals article having several relatives get sick with covid throughout the pandemic.

Last edited:

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
lol @ y'all thinking NCAA will be fair about waivers. We're talking about the same entity that denied AC but tripped over itself trying so fast to approve Justin Fields, and then Tate Martell because Justin Fields gave his ego an owie.

This is the entity that gave all of football a freebie redshirt year because Ohio State might miss some games, and maybe not probably maybe.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
lol @ y'all thinking NCAA will be fair about waivers. We're talking about the same entity that denied AC but tripped over itself trying so fast to approve Justin Fields, and then Tate Martell because Justin Fields gave his ego an owie.

This is the entity that gave all of football a freebie redshirt year because Ohio State might miss some games, and maybe not probably maybe.
Think of what "should" happen and assume the NCAA will do the opposite.

GCdaJuiceMan

Flats Noob

It appears they are also stupid enough to unstupid themselves. Just once though. They may still vote against it (January).