2021 Recruiting

aaand just like that the guy changes his pick from Tech back to Arkansas. Weird recruitment with this kid.

I dunno who that guy is. I always wait for the Wiltfong crystal balls and the KQ/Russell Johnson/ Chad Simmons futurecasts before I get excited.

I dont think his recruitment is weird. Every year, we chase kids who buy SEC hype. Start winning and seeing guys like Gibbs and Sims keep getting national attention and we will start breaking through that.

I dunno who that guy is. I always wait for the Wiltfong crystal balls and the KQ/Russell Johnson/ Chad Simmons futurecasts before I get excited.

I dont think his recruitment is weird. Every year, we chase kids who buy SEC hype. Start winning and seeing guys like Gibbs and Sims keep getting national attention and we will start breaking through that.

Don’t often get an ATL kid with a 10/10 confidence CB early only to then have CBs continue to flip/flop as he continues to announce commitment dates before pushing them back.

Don’t often get an ATL kid with a 10/10 confidence CB early only to then have CBs continue to flip/flop as he continues to announce commitment dates before pushing them back.
He wants to visit schools... has said that all along. Dead period keeps getting extended and he keeps pushing dates. There are tons of games going on behind the scenes... schools put the squeeze on from time to time, offers are no longer committable, grades, senior season, holding out for 'better' offers, etc.

He wants to visit schools... has said that all along. Dead period keeps getting extended and he keeps pushing dates. There are tons of games going on behind the scenes... schools put the squeeze on from time to time, offers are no longer committable, grades, senior season, holding out for 'better' offers, etc.

I mean yeah, it’s recruiting.

The dead period was already extended through 30 SEP when he announced the 22 SEP decision date.

First de-commitment this cycle is Shawn Chappell Jr. Was an early and under the radar DB commit. Not necessarily an ominous sign. Best of luck to him.

Best of luck. I'm sure some of these will be forced as a result of the extra year of eligibility granted due to COVID. Schollies that we expected to be available may no longer be there.

Best of luck. I'm sure some of these will be forced as a result of the extra year of eligibility granted due to COVID. Schollies that we expected to be available may no longer be there.
Which of the seniors might return for next season? Howard, Swilling, Camp, Clayton, Johnson and Lee seem to be the most likely candidates.

They could take another 4 year degree

It may also have to do with just moving on with life. If a young man has few NFL prospects and is 23+, there's a point where he's better off to start leveraging his GT degree to make an income rather than getting more free education, especially if he's not going to finish the 2nd 4-year degree. Every individual's personal circumstances will really impact that.

It may also have to do with just moving on with life. If a young man has few NFL prospects and is 23+, there's a point where he's better off to start leveraging his GT degree to make an income rather than getting more free education, especially if he's not going to finish the 2nd 4-year degree. Every individual's personal circumstances will really impact that.

That is true- people will have to reassess where they're at. That being said, I doubt these guys wouldn't want to play another year of football. It's their last one if they don't have any NFL prospects.

A free year of football and advancement at a top tier school is better than betting on an economy still reeling from 10% paycuts and furloughs

Back