2021 Recruiting

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
No, it wasn’t, and I’m not one to defend CPJ’s recruiting. It was a guy deciding at the very last minute to go back on his commitment.
"I'm not one to defend CPJs recruiting, just let me make a post real quick defending not having a backup plan for an important position."

Ok, bud.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Don’t be an idiot. There aren’t multiple kickers that are worth recruiting - especially when you have one committed that close to signing day. The blame is on Bulovas - not CPJ.
You want to blame a kid for making the best decision for himself? Ok.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Yes. When he waited until the last minute after having been committed to Tech for so long. Yes, I blame the kid and his parents.
It's not Bulovas job to worry about who the K is at GT.
Maybe someone should have done a better job at recruiting him or had a better backup plan...:crazy:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Bulovas visited Mississippi State in mid January ahead of February signing day. So he was a known flip risk anyway before Bama swooped in. We had King ready to be offered and he was supposedly the top kicker in the state, though rated much lower than Bulovas. It didn't work in our favor, but that's recruiting. Surprised at the amount of butthurt that remains over Joe freakin Bulovas

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
It's not Bulovas job to worry about who the K is at GT.
Maybe someone should have done a better job at recruiting him or had a better backup plan...:crazy:
Just looked back. Both King and Wells were class of 17. What else did you want CPJ to do??

gtrower

Dodd-Like
"I'm not one to defend CPJs recruiting, just let me make a post real quick defending not having a backup plan for an important position."

Ok, bud.
Not only is this irrelevant to 2021 recruiting but you’re also just completely wrong. Bull as was committed since June, bailed a week before singing day, and we still signed a top 20 kicker in the country on NSD. We literally had our backup plan waiting for his call up.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
If JJ just doesn't fumble....
The 28 points we allowed to UT in regulation was the most points they scored in four quarters against a FBS team.

If our defense was as effective as Southern Miss’ or Vandy we win in regulation. If our defense was as effective as UMASS’s we win by 11 in regulation.

Vandy beat that team by 18 points.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The recruiting thread now needs cleanup.

2021, people!

Techbert,
uninterested in ancient placekicker recruiting drama and even less interested in rehashing ancient games

starting to get a little concerning that there isn't a whisper for days in the '22 thread while we talk of old kickers

holy crap weeks